• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MGO/MOC Petition for OC in Starbucks

T Vance

imported post

The petitionneeds to be created. Some people at MGO were curious if MGO and MOC would combine efforts to create a petition and stamp their organizations names on it, then get it out there for people to sign.

EM87

imported post

T Vance wrote:
dougwg wrote:
I nominate T Vance to start the petition.

We only need ONE person to do it, do it now before we have multiples of the same thing.

http://www.google.com/search?q=online+petition&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7TSHB_en
You don't want me wording. Plus I have yet to hear a board member approve this.

We need a MOC board member to give us the okay to sign something that affirms my support of a policy? I was just thinking something along the lines of "Hey Starbucks, we as gun owners support your policy. Thanks for the good work."

That is not something MOC needs to approve before I sign it as a free citizen. I am putting my name on it, not MOC, Inc. If MOC wants to support this as well, that's great, but I am not going to wait for board approval unless MOC wants to make this their thing.

Everyone needs to remember that OCDO and MOC are completely separate entities and that you cannot represent either without their permission.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Remember, "member of" does not necessarily equal "endorsed by", and the founders of these groups know that. That's why I asked for officials to sign as such. At that point, there would be official support from the organization. (as long as the signature can be verified, of course)

T Vance

imported post

EM87 wrote:
We need a MOC board member to give us the okay to sign something that affirms my support of a policy?
No we don't, but this petition idea as originally suggested as a MOC/MGO petition. With everything that has been going on lately I didn't want to start one under the context that is was suggested (an official MOC/MGO collaborative petition).

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

T Vance wrote:
EM87 wrote:
We need a MOC board member to give us the okay to sign something that affirms my support of a policy?
No we don't, but this petition idea as originally suggested as a MOC/MGO petition. With everything that has been going on lately I didn't want to start one under the context that is was suggested (an official MOC/MGO collaborative petition).
T Vance I appreciate the consideration. I would suggest that any individual who would like to sign it should do so.

I will bring it to the boards attention to get their thoughts. Right now though we have other matters that have to take priority.

T Vance

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
T Vance I appreciate the consideration. I would suggest that any individual who would like to sign it should do so.

I will bring it to the boards attention to get their thoughts. Right now though we have other matters that have to take priority.
It wasn't my idea. I just thought it sounded like a good idea, and wasn't sure if it would have been seen if the topic stayed over at MGO.