• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Range Time at Reed's Indoor

OPS MARINE

imported post

I got some range time in yesterday at Reed's Indoor Range. It's a nice place, but looks small from the outside. Once you enter, if you are wearing a weapon in a holster, you will be asked to remove it due to an incident which occurred that got some people killed. All in all, good customer service, nice range, though arctic in the back...

Reed's Indoor Range
1100 Duane Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95054
408-970-9872
reedsindoorrange.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U0mIjtH_9A

ETA: The customer service I received was great. I spoke mostly with Keith.

Cameron

imported post

I was there on Tuesday filling out the DOJ paperwork for a XD Sub-compact .40S&W. I've been there a few times and had good experiences, the management did ask me to remove my weapon and magazines and held them behind the counter while I finished up my paperwork. And before anyone asks or points out, if it had been my first time in there, I would have locked it in my truck, but since I knew the place I didn't mind. But I love the range, I hate ceasefire periods and this range has none.

OPS MARINE

imported post

Cameron wrote:
, the management did ask me to remove my weapon and magazines and held them behind the counter while I finished up my paperwork.
That was one thing I absolutely refused to do. I kept my weapon with me at all times. I showed clear and put it in my case, which I held in my hand until going onto the range.

It wasn't an issue of trust.

Cameron

imported post

Yeah I understand that decision totally. And it is probably wiser. However, considering it is a store with a gunsmith now, I felt that it was very similar to dropping it off for service. But I definitely see and understand your distinction. I am probably going to pick up a smaller case. I've got a really nice 2 or 4 pistol case, but it's not very handy to carry around because of it's thickness.

Perhaps I'll do that Saturday afternoon. I'm going to need to make a trip up to Canyon Sports in Martinez anyway after the meetup. Too bad Reed's Sport Shop closed, that was a nice place, Reed's Indoor Range has far less in stock.

OPS MARINE

imported post

4331280496_4327c9c91d.jpg

Okay, four in the face and one in the gun arm. Paper Attack Bastard has had it for real this time.

Cameron

imported post

OPS MARINE wrote:

Okay, four in the face and one in the gun arm.  Paper Attack Bastard has had it for real this time.

That is one thing I really love about Reed's Indoor .... Not only are you allowed to use silhouettes, you can even use targets that look like BGs ...

Gundude

imported post

OPS MARINE wrote:

Okay, four in the face and one in the gun arm. Paper Attack Bastard has had it for real this time.
18 in the "big part" looks good, but I like the one centered in the chin......to quote an old phrase...."game over"

Johnny Koonce

imported post

Reeds indoor range is great, I go there a lot. Good customer service. The next time any of you go, drop me a line. If I have time I'll come over, it would be great to me you guys.
At Reeds I like shooting the silhouettes, Run them out to 7 yards and put 2" groups in the center of the head area, then I run them to 12 or 15 yards and shoot for center of mass and get 3" to 4" groups.

dirtykoala

imported post

Reeds is great. I had an awesome gun that I regret selling, this is from the last time I was at reeds with that gun:

IMG_4183.jpg

dirtykoala

imported post

OPS MARINE wrote:
That is a nice tool you've got there, and I see it has served you well.
sadly, i sold it. it did afford me 2 rifles and lots of ammo though.