Thread: Red Robin Restaurant

Post imported post

After getting in some range time, it was chow time. Went to Red Robin over at the Rivermark in Santa Clara. I'd been there previously, had a bad experience. The manager on duty took care of my issues right away. What could have cost over one hundred dollars was comped. I was happy with it so I went back soon thereafter. Last night's visit was the third.

I spoke with the manager on duty, Dawn, because I had a slight issue with pink in my meat. I digress. She had intelligent questions on Open Carry after having established I wasn't an on duty LEO. Her opinion and as far as she knew the company's stand is as follows:

Every patron has the right to protect themselves. If a guest enters the establishment with a firearm, he/she will be treated like everyone else until such time that person is deemed a threat. Employees are not allowed to OC while working, but she didn't say whether they could CC. I told her that if an employee did, she probably wouldn't know anyway if they did so properly. Overall, that conversation went well, we shook hands, and she invited me to call corporate and get a final say if I so chose.

Each one teach one.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

State Researcher

Post imported post

I OC'd into the Turlock Red Robin a couple years ago. Was with a largegroup of classmates - kind of a farewell party as we were all about to graduate.

Had the best fish-n-chips ever, and washed it down with an imported pale ale. (I enjoyed the irony of having an all-English meal while being very un-English-ly armed.)

Nobody asked/said anything about me carrying.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

BTW, with all this talk about Red Robin, I had to go their for lunch. Depending on where one parks, it is less than 1000" from a school.

I estimate the front door to Red Robin and the school property line is 1140'.

Just don't want someone to think it is entirely safe.

State Researcher

Post imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
    ...Depending on where one parks, it is less than 1000" from a school...
    Also depends on which one they go to.

The one in Turlock is about a mile from the nearest school.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

I love Red Robin. Unfortunately, the Newark, CA location appears to be within 1,000 feet of Newark Memorial High School.

Post imported post

I have yet to try the Red Robin in Riverbank to see if they will frown upon OC. Anyone try there yet? If not, i will give it a shot!

Post imported post

We had a Red Robin OC event here in UT! Dinner and a show for most of the patrons!