• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Red Robin Restaurant

OPS MARINE

imported post

After getting in some range time, it was chow time. Went to Red Robin over at the Rivermark in Santa Clara. I'd been there previously, had a bad experience. The manager on duty took care of my issues right away. What could have cost over one hundred dollars was comped. I was happy with it so I went back soon thereafter. Last night's visit was the third.

I spoke with the manager on duty, Dawn, because I had a slight issue with pink in my meat. I digress. She had intelligent questions on Open Carry after having established I wasn't an on duty LEO. Her opinion and as far as she knew the company's stand is as follows:

Every patron has the right to protect themselves. If a guest enters the establishment with a firearm, he/she will be treated like everyone else until such time that person is deemed a threat. Employees are not allowed to OC while working, but she didn't say whether they could CC. I told her that if an employee did, she probably wouldn't know anyway if they did so properly. Overall, that conversation went well, we shook hands, and she invited me to call corporate and get a final say if I so chose.

Each one teach one.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I OC'd into the Turlock Red Robin a couple years ago. Was with a largegroup of classmates - kind of a farewell party as we were all about to graduate.

Had the best fish-n-chips ever, and washed it down with an imported pale ale. (I enjoyed the irony of having an all-English meal while being very un-English-ly armed.)

Nobody asked/said anything about me carrying.

SouthBayr

imported post

BTW, with all this talk about Red Robin, I had to go their for lunch. Depending on where one parks, it is less than 1000" from a school.

I estimate the front door to Red Robin and the school property line is 1140'.

Just don't want someone to think it is entirely safe.