• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Brady Campaign Intimidation of Starbucks

The Nomadd

imported post

You know what I find funny?
"Starbucks has the right to adopt a gun-free policy"

Thanks, Captain Obvious. I'm sure Starbucks already knows that. You're just torqued because they won't do it.

The Nomadd

imported post

Heh, Actually just called Starbucks, and spoke to someone in customer service. Told him the reason for my call. While he was not aware of the whole issue with The Brady Campaign trying to put pressure on Starbucks in regards to carrying in their stores, he did have an idea of who they were. He documented the call, and appreciated the fact that I was calling them to compliment them on their doing the right thing, and my hopes that they would not bow down to the Brady Bunch. I also ended up taking a short survey, and again left the reason for my call at the end.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Sent.
It has come to my attention that the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence is currently lobbying to get Starbucks to change it's position on how it treats its gun-owning customers. For brevity's sake, I won't discuss how in detail how they fail to realize that law-abiding gun owners are not the problem - it's the criminal element. Criminals do not respect laws of society, nor will they respect the rights of Starbucks to prohibit firearms on their property. By disarming the good people who carry firearms in order to protect themselves, Starbucks would only be making us easier victims, and possibly creating liability for any harm that comes to their disarmed patrons.

I am proud of your current corporate policy, and hope you stand by what you know is good and just: that each person has a basic human right protect themselves from harm.

I'll happily continue buying my coffee at Starbucks, and will encourage my family, friends, and business associates to do the same. It's reassuring to know that we're all a little bit safer at Starbucks, now that the criminals know Peet's is the place to find easy, defenseless targets.

Don't change a thing.

We-the-People

imported post

Anyone else notice the Brady bunch's obvious trademark infringement on teh Starbucks logo? I wonder how Starbucks corporate would react to a bunch of emails along the lines of how appalled people are that they would lend their logo to a group intent on depriving Starbucks customers of the ability to defend themselves. SMILE

Starbucks LOGO

starbucks-logo-thumb.jpg

Brady bunch version

starbucks_guns_240.gif

Gundude

imported post

I know for a fact that Starbucks is hard core about their name. They sued a cafe called Bucks and won the suit. They had to change their name to something other than "Bucks". Maybe they feel the same about their logo.

Gundude

imported post

I just sent an email to Starbucks, giving them the link to the Brady BS page. Should be interesting to see if that logo disappears from their site.

I kinda like the idea of guns and coffee. They go well together.

Notice on the pic above, the littleR in a circle. That's a registered trademark.

dirtykoala

imported post

[align=left]this is the last paragraph of the official brady bunch letter to starbucks ceo.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]In 1997, Starbucks suffered the trauma of losing three of its employees to gun[/align]
[align=left]violence in one of its Washington, D.C. stores. Particularly in light of that tragedy, I am[/align]
[align=left]certain that you appreciate the overriding importance of doing everything in the[/align]
[align=left]company’s power to prevent gun violence from again victimizing your customers or[/align]
[align=left]employees. Please affirm your company’s commitment to the safety of Starbucks’[/align]
[align=left]customers and employees, and to the well being of the communities you serve, by[/align]
announcing and enforcing a policy of barring the carrying of guns in your stores.

D.C. has some of the most unconstitutional and restrictive gun laws in the country, look where the violence happened. in 1997 didnt DC have a ban on handguns in place?

AdnanShahab

imported post

KTVU Channel 2 News just reported that Starbucks responded today to the most recent actions on the part of the Brady Campaign by reiterating that they will follow local, state, and federal laws. So far, Starbucks has decided to continue to allow open carry in their stores wherever it is legal.

Gundude

imported post

:lol:AdnanShahab wrote:
KTVU Channel 2 News just reported that Starbucks responded today to the most recent actions on the part of the Brady Campaign by reiterating that they will follow local, state, and federal laws. So far, Starbucks has decided to continue to allow open carry in their stores wherever it is legal.

Starbucks 1 Brady bunch 0 :lol: :celebrate

JBURGII

imported post

A freshly brewed venti black coffee and my nickel plated .38 makes me happy. Seriously, I OC into Starbucks all the time and have never had a problem. They are nice and make good coffee.

JJ

imported post

AdnanShahab wrote:
Woo Hooo!!! I don't normally drink coffee, but I did stop on my way to work this morning and picked up a venti carmel frap to show my support. (went thru the drivethru in Pittsburg) May just have to make it a regular thing if they don't fold to the pressure.

:p

AdnanShahab

imported post

Don't start celebrating too much just yet. This is just the beginning. The Brady Campaign is going to continue to put pressure on Starbucks over the next few days, weeks, and possibly months. We need to keep letting Starbucks know exactly how many gun owners there are in America and how much those gun owners appreciate companies that respect gun rights.