• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Bunch declares war on Starbucks

Squeak

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
As many know here Starbucks is my one Vice, but I have not had any for awhile because it can ad up. But when I heard their corporate policy last week I purposefully went in and bought my favorite. Vente whole milk no foam latte.
What the heck is 'Vente'? Sounds like a cheap perfume or sumpin like that!GIMME COFFEE!:celebrate

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't even try to remember their pseudo-Italian size names. I just ask for "small", "medium", or "large", just like anywhere else. Never been corrected by a "barista" either.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Having spoken spanish a lot when I was younger vente, just means 20(oz) to me and grande means large. I don't ever thought twice about it.

And I heard all the jokes about my drink:p but what am I going that's the one I like. Shrug. and for the most part they make it consistently good. But it's basically just coffee and steamed milk. (gotta be whole milk)

DaemonForce

imported post

marshaul wrote:
I don't even try to remember their pseudo-Italian size names. I just ask for "small", "medium", or "large", just like anywhere else. Never been corrected by a "barista" either.

All I remember is how much I'm spending. I go to the Dairy Queen and drop $3.23 on a big ass ice cream. I go to the McDonalds and drop $3.24 on three cheeseburgers. By the end of the night exactly $6.5 leaves my pocket(gotta donate $.03 to the foreign cripplebrown kids). I remember years ago when the *$ was first erected here in town. I would usually buy tea because it had zazz. A big cookie was $1.27 and the large tea was $4 something. A cream cheese bagel was $1.15. I stopped on the tea and went straight to coffee after returning from a job of pushing fat wheelchair people around at the airport for 17+ hours. I forgot about the tea and cookie but damned if I forgot the bagel. When I was last working it was $1.40. These days it's a $1.51. I have no idea what happened to the cookie but the bagel is the same size and texture. Some mornings it's a bit disappointing.

Ever sinceStarbucks stopped serving orange cream frappuccinos and lemon bars, everything sort of just flew downhill. I'd rather go to the Wendy's and slam four fried chickens down my gullet. It's more filling and it raises my blood pressure where it needs to be when I'm fending off psychological attacks from crazy morbidly obese wheelchair people. Then again I haven't done that in years so I should stop before it kills me. Starbucks taught me a lot of things about life. A lot of things that are unforgiving but most importantly, how to get a Dr. Pepper addict off of that garbage.

For now, I try going into the *$ no more than twice a month.They have an almost acceptableflavor. It's pumpkin and spicy. :?

amzbrady

imported post

Squeak wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
As many know here Starbucks is my one Vice, but I have not had any for awhile because it can ad up. But when I heard their corporate policy last week I purposefully went in and bought my favorite. Vente whole milk no foam latte.
What the heck is 'Vente'? Sounds like a cheap perfume or sumpin like that!GIMME COFFEE!:celebrate

Vente: the art of complaigning to underqualified low wage workers.

Itis when you go inside after getting your order at the drive thru. That way yoiu can let them know that the stupid kid that made it forgot the flavoring, and while you wait for them to fix a new one, you Vente... about them not having Irish Creme Flavoring, and the little straws like every other stand in America.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Found this in an 'open carry' Google search:
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/02/brady_campaign_petitions_starb.php

Highlight:

Last May, SW profiled a local Open Carry chapter whose members volunteered to pick up litter along Interstate 5 in Fife. The goal of the Open Carry movement is to destigmatize firearms and gun owners. If more and more people see someone carrying a handgun, behaving in a normal and law-abiding manner by shopping at the grocery store or drinking an espresso at the local coffee stand, the less regular people will have to fear from guns themselves--or so the reasoning goes. The Brady Campaign, however, contends the sight of a man carrying a Colt 1911 in a tactical holster only frightens and intimidates other coffee customers, particularly families with small children.

So do jittery hands make for itchy trigger fingers? Hamm concedes that there have been no incidents of violence involving lawful gun owners at any Starbucks. However, nervous java junkies with an anti-gun bent have called the police on folks legally open-carrying. Hamm said this is an unnecessary waste of the police resources--when an officer has to stop and question every time a pistol owner purchases a Venti Chai--and that they should leave their guns at home.

Machoduck

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Found this in an 'open carry' Google search:
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/02/brady_campaign_petitions_starb.php

Highlight:

Last May, SW profiled a local Open Carry chapter whose members volunteered to pick up litter along Interstate 5 in Fife. The goal of the Open Carry movement is to destigmatize firearms and gun owners. If more and more people see someone carrying a handgun, behaving in a normal and law-abiding manner by shopping at the grocery store or drinking an espresso at the local coffee stand, the less regular people will have to fear from guns themselves--or so the reasoning goes. The Brady Campaign, however, contends the sight of a man carrying a Colt 1911 in a tactical holster only frightens and intimidates other coffee customers, particularly families with small children.

So do jittery hands make for itchy trigger fingers? Hamm concedes that there have been no incidents of violence involving lawful gun owners at any Starbucks. However, nervous java junkies with an anti-gun bent have called the police on folks legally open-carrying. Hamm said this is an unnecessary waste of the police resources--when an officer has to stop and question every time a pistol owner purchases a Venti Chai--and that they should leave their guns at home.
Mrs. Duck says, ''Again with the children!''

I say that this is beyond stupid. Nobody is that stupid by accident; it has to be on purpose. For ''the children'' to be a factor presupposes the idea that other adults care so little about children that they will perform their shenanigans (whatever that might mean) so as to endanger the kids. Notice that these delightful paragons of logical thought never call them kids. ''Children'' evokes a mind picture better for their purposes, namely thinking of these poor endangered waifs as being toddlers and such. ''Kids'' might make you think of teenagers. We couldn't have that. It might cause someone to think about the doctored statistics used by Fascist telli et al.

I also say people who think that they're too good to have learn about a subject should just shut up. The four rules of firearm safety include ''keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot.'' Coffee nerves have nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact Gabe Suarez says to place your trigger finger specifically on a predetermined spot called the ''index point.'' On a 1911, for me, this works out to be the rounded back end of the slide stop.

Regarding the use of police resources, I think Hamm has it backwards. We open carriers are engaging in legal, indeed constitutionally protected, activity. We are not the ones calling on the police to squander resources, the hopolophobes are. If the police refuse to have the 911 operator ask sensible questions of the caller, such as ''what is he doing?'', it is hardly the fault of the open carrier.

MD

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A small get together in the south end to support Starbucks!

IMG_0163.jpg