• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Bunch declares war on Starbucks

Dave Workman

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Thanks, Dave. I hope this article receives wide circulation.

That's up to activists like yourself.

Forward the links far and wide. Every forum, every chat list you belong to.

THUMBS UP!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Knocking 'em out of the ballpark lately Dave. Love it.

It goes to show too that Brady folks are reading these forums, what other gun owners do we know are doing this? So they are specifically attacking us.

Starbucks position means a lot to me since my incident resulted from a call from Starbucks by one of their managers. And Starbucks refused to trespass me although the officer tried to get them to.

I was also at a Starbucks in Wenatchee when a gang banger started walking in saw my sidearm turned around and left. Deros and Manu? or was it Bookman? were having coffee at an inside a Store Starbucks which seemed to have delayed a bank robbery. Just showing that the BG's don't like armed civilians and that other civilians in their presence may be safer.

Just Us

imported post

Where is the the next Starbucks gathering? Unfortunately they only have a couple types of espresso that I like.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

As many know here Starbucks is my one Vice, but I have not had any for awhile because it can ad up. But when I heard their corporate policy last week I purposefully went in and bought my favorite. Vente whole milk no foam latte.

kito109654

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
As many know here Starbucks is my one Vice, but I have not had any for awhile because it can ad up. But when I heard their corporate policy last week I purposefully went in and bought my favorite. Vente whole milk no foam latte.
It's on me next time I'm in town.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I've been hooked recently on the peppermint mocha.....not the stance I expected from them.
I was unsure about there stance but except for the one incident, all employees of Starbucks have been nothing but professionals and it never seemed like it mattered to them whether I was carrying or not.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Yet another great article!

EVERYONE should take the time to hit that Starbucks link and show your support. Here is what I sent, feel free to plagiarize as you see fit:

I recently read that the Brady campaign has been targeting Starbucks for allowing customers who are legally carrying firearms to gather in the stores. The claims are that such customers somehow intimidate or pose a risk to other customers.

As a gun owner, Concealed Pistol License holder, and most importantly in this case, coffee drinker. I just wanted to thank you for taking the position of allowing law abiding citizens to exercise their rights in your business instead of bowing to pressure from a radical group that essentially is demanding you to discriminate against a subset of your customers.

In Washington state, the open carry of firearms is absolutely legal. While some may feel uncomfortable in the presence of firearms (open or concealed), that feeling is overwhelmingly the result of irrational fears instead of any legitimate threat or concern.

While you may be aware of those customers who openly carry firearms and realize how small of a segment they are, please understand that there are many, many times that amount of law abiding citizens who routinely carry legally concealed firearms as well.

I am sure that it is a safe wager that the majority of your customers are in support of your position, and against the tactics used by Brady and other similar groups trying to push a minority opinion and their radical views on citizens and businesses a like.

Sometimes people think that the more noise a group makes, the more support they have. That is not the case. Pro-rights organizations consistently garner more support than the fringe groups who advocate for the restrictions or elimination of rights.

Reasonable and rational people make up the "Silent" majority, and the silence is mostly due to things that run as they should. Make no mistake though, while generally silent, we are still the majority.

I learned long ago in customer service training that a company will get feedback from a relatively high percentage of it's dissatisfied customers, but a considerably smaller percentage of it's satisfied customers will take the time to comment.

Put me down as one who approves, and please give the appropriate weight to my comments. I've gone from a Starbuck's, Tully's, or "whatever is close" coffee drinker to one who will seek out a Starbucks and support you in return for supporting me.

DEROS72

imported post

Knocking 'em out of the ballpark lately Dave. Love it.

It goes to show too that Brady folks are reading these forums, what other gun owners do we know are doing this? So they are specifically attacking us.

Starbucks position means a lot to me since my incident resulted from a call from Starbucks by one of their managers. And Starbucks refused to trespass me although the officer tried to get them to.

I was also at a Starbucks in Wenatchee when a gang banger started walking in saw my sidearm turned around and left. Deros and Manu? or was it Bookman? were having coffee at an inside a Store Starbucks which seemed to have delayed a bank robbery. Just showing that the BG's don't like armed civilians and that other civilians in their presence may be safer.
That was Manu and myself.I got a call from the security guard and they said the bank was robbed 10 minutes after we left.The manager said that he would bet the BG was watching us and waited untill we left.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Ahem ahem.

I am not saying anything, I'm just saying ;)

DaemonForce

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Brady Campaign declares war on Starbucks
Wat? :shock:

Damn. This needs to stop.

Wait, if your incident was caused by a Starbucks manager phoning in, what were they trying to accomplish?

Was it a woman? :p

sudden valley gunner

imported post

DaemonForce wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:
Brady Campaign declares war on Starbucks
Wat? :shock:

Damn. This needs to stop.

Wait, if your incident was caused by a Starbucks manager phoning in, what were they trying to accomplish?

Was it a woman? :p
Yes it was a woman. But I actually have seen more negative reactions from men than women. Women are not as anti as many think.

A customer (who was a man) complained and she didn't know what to do so she called the cops. The thread is here has now been erected its the stopped at gunpoint thread.