• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks

Statesman

imported post

The Brady "Campaign to Promote American Genocide via Gun Control" is attacking Starbucks.

Perhaps Starbucks located in Kentucky would appreciate an increased patronage by open carrying gun owners in this fragile economy?

Please support Starbucks with your hard earned dollars if they continue to support open carry. Make sure to report your experiences to this thread.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...res-war-on-Starbucks-time-for-a-cup-of-coffee

aadvark

imported post

Starbucks should tell 'The Brady Bunch' that they are not welcome on their property!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
--snipped--
Whoa.

Prefer coffee from somewhere else - your choice.

Let's not publicly knock those that support the 2A, RTBA et al.

Yata hey

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

sorry, just wonder why anyone conservative enough to care about teh second ammendment would walk into a place that cultivates --------- by fostering the image of ----------- young people just to get a ----- ------ coffee for 10 bucks when you can go to 7-11 and get better coffee for 1.99

langzaiguy

imported post

@Walker, did you read the article? Way to perpetuate stereotypes. I shopped (and OC'd) at Good Foods Co-op expecting to run into hippie, liberal, anti-gun sentiment and instead the cashier recognized my gun and we chatted it up.

After all, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be judged as an ignorant, white-supremacist redneck just because you carry a gun....unless of course you actually are.

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

Actually people can refer to me as a redneck or hillbilly all they want. I went to college with the typical liberal progressive crowd. And if anything they solidified my belief that though I am not better than them, keeping my distance from them makes me happy. You can judge me all you want, but i do it as a matter of self defense. I am a hot head, and every time one of them opens their mouth, i lose my cool, which does nothing to help our cause.

Racist I am not, but smart enough to avoid confrontation I am

Superlite27

imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
Racist I am not, but smart enough to avoid confrontation I am

???

Just like you're doing in this thread?

Hey, I'm not keen on bleeding heart liberal latte sippers myself. But, if we refuse to interact because of our differences, we'll become nothing more than........

....segregationists.

Imagine how boring life would be if you were constantly surrounded by people who look like you, act like you, have the same beliefs as you, and were all just different versions of you.

What would your goals be? Who would you discuss things, argue beliefs, and compare different likes and dislikes with?

You wouldn't have to. Everyone would already agree with you. You could continue preaching to the choir.

So...No. I dislike the stereotypical, left leaning, whiny, "save the whales" type coffee patron, but I enjoy different perspectives other than listening to echoes of myself. So I have no problem walking into establishments who's clienteleis typically an alternative to my own. I often get into interesting conversations withthose "evil" liberals. Surprisingly, I often meet withgems such as a tiny (We're talking 4'5") littleCambodian girlpurchasing a "Combat Handgun" magazineat a St. Louis Barnes and Noble bookstore. That was a fun conversation.

Wow. Jeez! It's amazing! You mean there's more than middle aged white males who are interested in firearms?

I never would have guessed this had I never ventured out of my well liked cave.