Thread: VON'S AT HORIZON AND HORIZON IN HENDERSON

Post imported post

While shopping at Von's yesterday (Wed 03 2010) I was approached by the manager who inquired if I wasa cop. I told her no. She then asked why I carry a gun to which I responded "I've made the decision to exercise myright". She said that a couple had complained that it made them uneasy. After a discussion about permits and open carry, she said that she would have to check her "LP" to see if it was ok for me to carry my firearm in the store.I responded that Iam in the store 4 or 5 times a week and had been doing so for a long time with no issues, to whichshe agreed that she sees me there all the time.Another reminder about the amount of business I do there. We parted company and I finished my shopping. Any further contact, good or bad, I will report ithere.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Post imported post

We have a long and bumpy road ahead of us at getting rid of the negative stigma that has been bastardized by the liberal media for sure. I am hoping the more people see good law abiding citizens OCing they will feel more comfortable. It still baffles me how naive people can be about guns and their safety, guess non of them have ever been in a situation to which they felt vulnerable and feared for their lives without a cop in sight.

Post imported post

I try hard to see the liberal point of view, asI think its better to just be a witness for our cause and not an antagonist.

a few of our "well meaning" associates in Michigan brought a sport utility rifle to their OC event and things got out of hand, and the media as well as the Haters were "self justified" into condemnation. from what I have seen from the 3 Las Vegas events that I have attended, we have had an excellent disposition, and have done remarkably well with the community.

The mishap I discussed is here:

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/83486052.html

Post imported post

Those 2 people, couple, that were scared could have scared off at least 4 other customers. Because if the mgr had asked you to leave the store or your firearm was not welcome, then the 4 of us who have replied, I hope, would not shop in that store anymore or any Vons. Funny how just 2 people can turn things sour.

Post imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
    While shopping at Von's yesterday (Wed 03 2010) I was approached by the manager who inquired if I wasa cop. I told her no. She then asked why I carry a gun to which I responded "I've made the decision to exercise myright". She said that a couple had complained that it made them uneasy. After a discussion about permits and open carry, she said that she would have to check her "LP" to see if it was ok for me to carry my firearm in the store.I responded that Iam in the store 4 or 5 times a week and had been doing so for a long time with no issues, to whichshe agreed that she sees me there all the time.Another reminder about the amount of business I do there. We parted company and I finished my shopping. Any further contact, good or bad, I will report ithere.
    Von's is owned by Safeway Stores, Inc. These are the same owners of Randall's in Texas.

This happened awhile ago:

The Randall's (Safeway) grocery store in Round Rock, Texas, fired a produce manager (and Iraq vet) for chasing down a crook who snatched a customer's purse inside the store. Their policy was for him to "take notes, tell a manager who'll call police." Lots of people - including me - are outraged. To me, this is yet another example of a corporation expecting blind compliance with policies and discouraging - in the most drastic of ways - independent thought, judgment, and common sense. Yes, liability is a concern everywhere these days, but at the expense of a young man who seems a true hero, AND through alienating countless current and potential customers?

These are the type of people that you deal with in a Von's, Safeway, Lucky or Randall's (There's more but I can't think of them right now.).

Be careful if you want to open carry in their stores. I don't like what they are doing, so I do not go to their stores anymore. I would rather go to a local mom and pop grocery store and pay more than go throught that.