Thread: one step closer!

Post imported post

Just got a call from all three of my references saying waterbury pd contacted them. So I'm guessing I should get my temporary in the mail in the next couple weeks:celebrate

Post imported post

It's unfortunate that you had to give 3 references. As of January 14th, 2010, local issuing authorities are no longer allowed to ask for any additional requirements beyond what is called for on the CT State permit application.

You can view the document here: http://www.ycgg.org/pdfpages/bfpedeclrule.pdf

You can also listen to the audio minutes where the declaratory ruling from the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners is read and discussed: http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/cwp/view.asp?a=3878&Q=454666

Congrats on being one step closer, though!

Post imported post

odds are he had the letters in before the new year. that is how long it takes them to get around to it.

Post imported post

I'm sure he did. They shouldn't have made the calls though, because I'm willing to bet they didn't do anything with the letters until after January 14th.

Post imported post

Yea I submitted my app on Dec. 10th. I'm just happy they are actually moving along with the process. They are so rude in the records dept. in waterbury. They will not answer any questions or give you any info if you ask for it.

Post imported post

Let us know when you get it.

Post imported post

ddepedro wrote:
    Just got a call from all three of my references saying waterbury pd contacted them. So I'm guessing I should get my temporary in the mail in the next couple weeks:celebrate
    Man, oh, man. You gents sure have to jump through some hoops. I empathize with y'all.

CT seems to be in the dark ages of gun regualtory law. Any chance the applicable law will get changed and streamlined in the future? Is the NRA working on that?

Congrats, ddepedro. I'm sure you're happy.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    ddepedro wrote:
    CT seems to be in the dark ages of gun regualtory law. Any chance the applicable law will get changed and streamlined in the future? Is the NRA working on that?
    CT has it's issues, but we are markedly better than some other mid-atlantic/new england states.

The NRA is not doing anything, but the CCDL is.

Post imported post

Thanks guys I'm def. happy! cant wait to go pick up my new firearm.