• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

one step closer!

ddepedro

imported post

Just got a call from all three of my references saying waterbury pd contacted them. So I'm guessing I should get my temporary in the mail in the next couple weeks:celebrate

gluegun

imported post

It's unfortunate that you had to give 3 references. As of January 14th, 2010, local issuing authorities are no longer allowed to ask for any additional requirements beyond what is called for on the CT State permit application.

You can view the document here: http://www.ycgg.org/pdfpages/bfpedeclrule.pdf

You can also listen to the audio minutes where the declaratory ruling from the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners is read and discussed: http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/cwp/view.asp?a=3878&Q=454666

Congrats on being one step closer, though!

gluegun

imported post

I'm sure he did. They shouldn't have made the calls though, because I'm willing to bet they didn't do anything with the letters until after January 14th.

ddepedro

imported post

Yea I submitted my app on Dec. 10th. I'm just happy they are actually moving along with the process. They are so rude in the records dept. in waterbury. They will not answer any questions or give you any info if you ask for it.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ddepedro wrote:
Just got a call from all three of my references saying waterbury pd contacted them. So I'm guessing I should get my temporary in the mail in the next couple weeks:celebrate

Man, oh, man. You gents sure have to jump through some hoops. I empathize with y'all.

CT seems to be in the dark ages of gun regualtory law. Any chance the applicable law will get changed and streamlined in the future? Is the NRA working on that?

Congrats, ddepedro. I'm sure you're happy.

gluegun

imported post

HankT wrote:
ddepedro wrote:

CT seems to be in the dark ages of gun regualtory law. Any chance the applicable law will get changed and streamlined in the future? Is the NRA working on that?
CT has it's issues, but we are markedly better than some other mid-atlantic/new england states.

The NRA is not doing anything, but the CCDL is. :)

ddepedro

imported post

Thanks guys I'm def. happy! cant wait to go pick up my new firearm.:cool: