• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Brady Bunch

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Starbucks is under siege by a petition from the Brady bunch. See it here, http://www.bradycampaign.org/

I wrote Starbucks thanking them for not bending, see below.

Starbucks Thursday, February 04, 2010

P.O. Box 3717

Seattle, WA 98124-3717

To Whom It May Concern:

My reason that I am writing you today is to tell you Thanks for not caving in to the narrow minded demands of the Brady Campaign.

I aligned myself with the Brady Campaign, as I too loath gun violence, or any kind of violence for that matter.

The Brady Campaign tells there members that they are for sensible gun laws, however they are trying to attack law abiding citizens through you.

It is a well known “sensible” fact that criminals will not openly stand up for there rights, in a social setting such as Starbucks, however if they see others doing it they will stay low.

The Brady Campaign to prevent gun violence assumes that customers will be intimidated, and this is a misnomer that can be easily cleared up.

I have been Open Carrying (OCing) in the Las Vegas area for more than a year now, and I must let you know that people ask questions, shake my hand, get patriotic, or want to take a picture with me. I have yet to see anyone grab their child and run in fear as the Brady Campaign suggests.

Please take this opinion under advisement when you see the petition that they are planning on sending your company.

Sincerley,

David XXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX Dr.

Las Vegas, NV 891XX

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LOL...."Offer Espresso Shots, not Gunshots"

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/starbucks_guns/?rc=brady

That sounds good to me too. As long as no bad guys come in with guns, there will be no gunshots at Starbucks. Perhaps the Brady Campaign should help print signs that also say "No robberies allowed."

I applaud Starbucks for doing the right thing and disregarding pressure from either side. Their policy of following local law makes the most sense - different communities have different rules & laws that match the desires of those who live in the community. Companies that participate in those communities, especially intimate places such as coffee shops, should follow the locals if they want to fit in and be part of the culture.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It wouldn't be the first time I would have liked to box Mark Morford.

I've long ago given up trying to debate him, as in that arena he is a thoroughly unarmed opponent.