• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Statutes List

noble

imported post

Been skulking around the forum for a while now, since buying a .45 XD-Compact, and have been unsure about open carry laws concerning Boulder where I live; and finally found something worthwhile to register to the forums. Found this list
while searching for laws, thought it might be useful.

http://cbi.state.co.us/ccw/relatedstats.asp

And while I have yet to open carry around town and into private businesses, I have tested the waters around my neighborhood... Baby steps right?

And I realize this is a tried and tired topic... But the laws don't restrict NON-PERMIT HOLDERS from open carrying, except in restricted areas as stated and posted... And of course private property rules... Correct?

Anyway...
Cheers,
Noble

cscitney87

imported post

All I can say is through searching our Colorado board- you should watch your butt in Boulder- simply because of the beaurocracy. To many people willing to call in a MWAG also. BUT- I've carried in Boulder. I tried carrying in their Mountain Park system too but I actually DID see posted signs at every entrance. I was running all over the road from sign to sign with my pistol holstered- I felt defeated in the end and hiked without the gun. hehe

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

That's correct....since CO is an open carry state it's only illegal to conceal your gun (unless you have your CHP)....there is the Denver exception so don't go OCing in Denver city limits.

Any private property owner can ask you to leave, with or without, any signage or policies posted....if you don't leave immediately when asked then you could be trespassed off.

What part of CO are you in? I think you'll find that OCing in CO is pretty easy in most places since we're a pretty gun friendly state.

entartet17

imported post

I've carried in Boulder with no problems. Just watch out for parks and trails since they ban OC in those places (but they post it).