Thread: Question

Post imported post

I am moving to Albert Lea MN in one month. In the mean time I am becoming a resident and applying for my Permit to Carry License. I know this will sound stupid but is there a way to present yourself when oc'ing? Generally straight faced former military guy.I want to open carry everywhere and intend to oc everyday. I just dont want to draw attention to myself. I intend on wearing a tactical holdster on my leg if your familiar with it. Coming from california if that helps

Post imported post

Not familiar with MN laws, but a tactical holster will garner a lot of "looks" in a state that is not exactly gun friendly.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

A tacti-cool, drop leg holster will draw attention to yourself - kinda think you know that.............................. or at least should.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I gotta side with the other guys. If you don't want the attention, don't use a tactical holster. Find an OWB holster you like.
    The more you carry, the easier it gets.
    Know your laws, act confident, be courteous. You'll be amazed at how many just don't notice or assume your a LEO due to appearance and demeanor.
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

Post imported post

im very excited and a bit nervous... ive been a huge supporter of the second amendment and now to actually be on the front lines. i feel proud

Post imported post

SWAGG3R wrote:
    im very excited and a bit nervous... ive been a huge supporter of the second amendment and now to actually be on the front lines. i feel proud
    That's great and congratulations. But I'd seriously rethink the tac holster.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

SWAGG3R wrote:
    I am moving to Albert Lea MN in one month. In the mean time I am becoming a resident and applying for my Permit to Carry License. I know this will sound stupid but is there a way to present yourself when oc'ing? Generally straight faced former military guy.I want to open carry everywhere and intend to oc everyday. I just dont want to draw attention to myself. I intend on wearing a tactical holdster on my leg if your familiar with it. Coming from california if that helps
    Not to belittle the other posters here, but they don't appear to know MN very well.

I live in Wisconsin, right on the boarder, and travel into MN often.

The holster WILL garner some looks and you may even get an officer or two to tell you, "concealed means concealed." Thing is, MN has a carry permit, not a concealed carry permit.

My experience is most people don't notice or they think I'm LEO.

As to how to carry your self, confidently.

Albert Lea is a bit of a drive for me, but once you get your permit, PM me. MAybe we could hook up in Rochester or something like that.