• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question

SWAGG3R

imported post

I am moving to Albert Lea MN in one month. In the mean time I am becoming a resident and applying for my Permit to Carry License. I know this will sound stupid but is there a way to present yourself when oc'ing? Generally straight faced former military guy.I want to open carry everywhere and intend to oc everyday. I just dont want to draw attention to myself. I intend on wearing a tactical holdster on my leg if your familiar with it. Coming from california if that helps :)

Gunslinger

imported post

Not familiar with MN laws, but a tactical holster will garner a lot of "looks" in a state that is not exactly gun friendly.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

A tacti-cool, drop leg holster will draw attention to yourself - kinda think you know that.............................. or at least should.

Yata hey

turbodog

imported post

I gotta side with the other guys. If you don't want the attention, don't use a tactical holster. Find an OWB holster you like.
The more you carry, the easier it gets.
Know your laws, act confident, be courteous. You'll be amazed at how many just don't notice or assume your a LEO due to appearance and demeanor.
Good luck!

SWAGG3R

imported post

im very excited and a bit nervous... ive been a huge supporter of the second amendment and now to actually be on the front lines. i feel proud :)

Gunslinger

imported post

SWAGG3R wrote:
im very excited and a bit nervous... ive been a huge supporter of the second amendment and now to actually be on the front lines. i feel proud :)
That's great and congratulations. But I'd seriously rethink the tac holster.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SWAGG3R wrote:
I am moving to Albert Lea MN in one month. In the mean time I am becoming a resident and applying for my Permit to Carry License. I know this will sound stupid but is there a way to present yourself when oc'ing? Generally straight faced former military guy.I want to open carry everywhere and intend to oc everyday. I just dont want to draw attention to myself. I intend on wearing a tactical holdster on my leg if your familiar with it. Coming from california if that helps :)
Not to belittle the other posters here, but they don't appear to know MN very well.

I live in Wisconsin, right on the boarder, and travel into MN often.

The holster WILL garner some looks and you may even get an officer or two to tell you, "concealed means concealed." Thing is, MN has a carry permit, not a concealed carry permit.

My experience is most people don't notice or they think I'm LEO.

As to how to carry your self, confidently.

Albert Lea is a bit of a drive for me, but once you get your permit, PM me. MAybe we could hook up in Rochester or something like that.