Whew, what's going on in the gun rights/2A/carry communities in recent times?
We got guys who:
- Want to carry 18 GLOCKs at one time
- Carry a revolver in hand while walking down a street at night
- Carry an AR-15 into a luncheon meeting in a restaurant in MI
- Walk up, OCing,to officers investigating a person on a public street, asking the cops, "What's going on?"
- Want to march in support of OC with a magazine duct taped to anempty stock
There is a need to protect our rights guaranteed by 2A and to promote OC and CC, of course.
But are the extremists among us getting out of hand? Are we seeing a phase in pro-gun/rights movement where the extremists will start to cause damage to the strong and long trend we've been enjoying in the acceptance by legal, politicaland social segments of society of our gun rights (and guns)?
I think so. I can't say I blame them, though. The job of extremists is to be...well, it's to be extreme.
Wonder what's next? Hmm, OK, I've got it.....mount some long guns fore and aft on a pickup truck and drive around town to excercise the right to do it
. Or .... carry that AR back into the Ponderosa...but this time with a beta mag on it. (Remember, an unexcercised right to carry a beta mag is
....well, you know the rest.)
Or, how about this one.....a Guardian Angels-styled patrol group, each member carrying mucho ammo and pistols and long guns....going out and offering free protection to currency exchanges and Quick-marts.
The possibilities are endless...