• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self defense in lieu of a firearm

ccunning

imported post

My understanding is that even pepper spray must be registered with law enforcement to carry it legally. Can anyone shed any light on the process for registering and the requirements for eligibility?

My sister is going to GW and lives in the dorms there, but I assume her legal residence is still in Virginia.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA]

Legal with restrictions. lawful if used or possessed by a person 18 or over “in the exercise of reasonable force in defense of the person or the person’s property only if it is propelled from an aerosol container, labeled with or accompanied by clearly written instructions as to its use, and dated to indicate its anticipated useful life.”

The buyer must complete a registration form, and the vendor must forward the form to the Metropolitan Police Department.

http://www.peacemakerpepperspray.com/page/894784

Doubt that this is complete, but it is a beginning.

Yata hey

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Someone somewhere else suggested instead of Mace, OC, Pepper, or bear spray to just use and carry a can of the Wasp/Hornet Spray that sends the stream not the mist....

Get much better distance, can keep in on the desk at work, and it is MUCH CHEAPER to get!

edited to add "pepper"

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Can anyone shed any light on

A little illumination can go a long way.
BR919679.jpg

virginiatuck

imported post

ccunning wrote:
My understanding is that even pepper spray must be registered with law enforcement to carry it legally. Can anyone shed any light on the process for registering and the requirements for eligibility?

My sister is going to GW and lives in the dorms there, but I assume her legal residence is still in Virginia.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
See this: Other Defensive Devices thread for more information.