• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Charlotte area

Jerry1981

imported post

I am 28 I moved to charlotte about 1 year ago from new jersey. A place where just owning a gun is a difficult task. At the moment i only own a 10/22 rifle but am looking to get a handgun. I go to the firing range at least once a week and i rent there pistols . I live right near UNCC . I'm Looking for people in the area that might want to go to the range(Shooters Express in Belmont X-27 Off 85). Also would like to look more into Open Carry in Charlotte area. Good/Bad experiences. I have found some but not many in this forum in the Charlotte area. Also I would like to say I love this forum I have been doing a lot of reading and find there are a lot of great people here who have a lot of same interests as me and I'm glad to have found this site. Thanks to all the legal and research people for your work and the founders for this wonderful place to gather online. Be cool if you could add some kind of jave based chat room or something or even VOIP such as teamspeak.

joeface

imported post

Welcome Jerry;

Where in Jersey were you? I came down about 13 years ago and only go back if I have to. Live in University area also. There was an open carry dinner a few weeks ago in Kannapolis, not far North of University City. keep your eyes open her, hopfully there will be another soon.
BTW if you decide to get your concealed carry permit let me know, I know some good instructors in the area,

joeface

imported post

I worked in Dayton near north Brunswick, spent a lot of time in that area, lots of good eats around there.:)

joeface

imported post

What was the name of that steakhouse in North Brunswick, one of the best steaks I ever ate.

Jerry1981

imported post

Ya I have been here for a year and i feel like I have more freedom now than in NJ they only gave out a couple purchase permits I didn't know anyone who had a guns and didn't have a range near by so now I'm enjoying this expensive hobby. In NJ It was illegal to have a BB gun I had to get rid of it. Even fireworks were illegal and it was illegal to even pump your own gas had to have attendant do it. Well glad to see there are some people around here in to the same things i am hope to find a range partner soon.