• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Brady Bunch targets Starbucks for allowing armed citizens

kennys

imported post

Better yet, why don't they concern themselves with the real criminals instead of trying to keep them safe by disarming the good guys?:banghead:

gis

imported post

I was just about to post a thread about this and saw that someone beat me to it.

I can attest to the Starbuck's pro-gun position from personal experience. When I was living in Michigan and was once drving to Florida I wanted to stop at a Starbucks just off I-75 in Bowling Green, Ohio. To my surprise that store had been posted. I've never seen a posted Starbucks in Michigan or anywhere else. When I got to Florida, I wrote a nice note to Starbucks corporate via a link on their web site. Two days later, I got an apology email that stated that the local store manager had overstepped his authority, and that the sign had been removed. A week later on my way back I stopped at the same store and the sign was gone.

If Starbucks is going to be getting a bunch and anti letters as a result of this article, perhaps we should counter that with a few letters from the other side.

gis

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Why don't they launch campaigns against the thousands of other stores that don't prohibit carrying?
That's because libs like to hang out at Starbucks, and seeing gunsinterferes withtheir idea of Utopia. Personally, I rarely go there, as I am not big on spending $3-4 for a drink that I can make myself for $0.25. That's ammo money.:celebrate

hunter45

imported post

gis wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Why don't they launch campaigns against the thousands of other stores that don't prohibit carrying?
That's because libs like to hang out at Starbucks, and seeing guns interferes with their idea of Utopia.  Personally, I rarely go there, as I am not big on spending $3-4 for a drink that I can make myself for $0.25.  That's ammo money.:celebrate

That's exactly why I don't go to Starbucks - it's where all of the latte lapping liberal losers hang out.

curtiswr

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
gis wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
That's because libs like to hang out at Starbucks, and seeing gunsinterferes withtheir idea of Utopia. Personally, I rarely go there, as I am not big on spending $3-4 for a drink that I can make myself for $0.25. That's ammo money.:celebrate

That's exactly why I don't go to Starbucks - it's where all of the latte lapping liberal losers hang out.
Sometimes I go. The :shock: at my gun doesn't always occur but normally when it does it's followed by a snooty, disgusted look afterwards when I take out my computer.

netbook_stickers.jpg

jeremy05

imported post

You know if putting up a no guns allowed sign actually worked, why not put up a no crime allowed sign. Its just as stupid.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

First of all, there are 2.32 x 10^45 threads on this subject currently. Why is that? Just curious.

Secondly, I think you put those stickers on your laptop upside-down. :p

Thirdly, if Starbucks were patronized more frequently by "libs", they would probably see the writing on the wall, no?

They didn't make this decision because it's bad business, folks.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ah, it looked like the opposite was the case from the photo. Then again, I'm still not sure exactly what I'm looking at, aside from a laptop with stickers. :)

Either way, nice stickers. :p

Superlite27

imported post

Well, if any of us felt like reinforcing good behavior istead of complaining about businesses that ban us we could always drop Starbucks a few lines to thank them for continuing to allow us the right to protect ourselves in their businesses.

Their online comment form is at http://www.starbucks.com/customer/contact_forms.asp?nav=3e

I mean, opportunities to do something positive to help maintain good policies instead of try and changerock solid negative onesaren't frequent.

Haven't open carried lately because of the cold weather? You can still DO SOMETHING!

hunter45

imported post

Cool idea with the stickers! I'm going to put one on my MacBook. That will probably drive some of my professors nuts. :p

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Or head to Starbucks and show support. 10 OCDOer's did this morning just outside of Seattle. We were there for over 90 minutes and had no issues. Ok, well one issue, a pregnant barista was sent to tell me that it is against corporate policy to take pictures! LOL :shock:

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg