• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom shoots son when holdup prank goes wrong

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Interceptor_Knight wrote:
My money is betting that it was not intended to be a joke and the punk was really trying to rob his mom. After the fact it is easy to claim that it was "just a joke"...:?
I wouldn't doubt it, these scum will burn ANY one for $, Including their own mother.
That's what I said. And why I said the story isn't as far-fetched as some who live very different lives imagined it must be. :?

SprayAndPray

imported post

marshaul wrote:
OK, so, where are you guys getting "deserialized" from "obscured"?

That's a huge deductive leap, one that Sherlock himself would be unwilling to make, given the hyperbole to which news reporting is accustomed.

Occam's razor suggests that, had the gun been "deserialized", the report would have used language a bit more "yellow" in describing that fact.

Sounds to me like we're talking about grips of some sort (revolvers routinely have #s covered by grips, especially larger or laster-sighting models).

Well for starters there is no law against "obscured" serial numbers.... Or no serial numbers for that matter, Only "defacing" serial numbers....

So unless the cops REALLY dropped the ball to the tune of a million dollar lawsuit, She had a gun with a defaced serial number

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, the article did say "obliterated", but the quote in the OP said "obscured". I would consider those to be entirely unrelated - although not mutually exclusive - things. It makes all the difference to me, although I doubt it would do a journalist looking for sensationalism.

PT111

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Landose_theghost wrote:
My money is betting that it was not intended to be a joke and the punk was really trying to rob his mom. After the fact it is easy to claim that it was "just a joke"...:?
I wouldn't doubt it, these scum will burn ANY one for $, Including their own mother.
That's what I said. And why I said the story isn't as far-fetched as some who live very different lives imagined it must be. :?
That is why I said more to it than just what the story said. An actual robbery, she was mad at him, a number of things more than just a prank going bad.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Hopefully the reporter was just trying to be tactful when they described the area hit by the bullets as the"groin".

Hopefully this retard had his nuts blown off so he is notable to polute the gene pool any worse than it already is.

Think about, when 2 stupid people breed, the probability of them having offspring with similar mental capabilities. But the stupid ones ae also the ones breeding the most!

The dumb SOB probably tried to rob his own mother, and the story about it being a failed joke is complete B-S.

Anyone see the movie "Idiocracy"? That's what this country is going to end up like unless morons like this are sterilized at birth.

Old Grump

imported post

Would it be wrong of me to say kudos to the mom for trying to correct a mistake. If their ages are right she might have been 15 when she got pregnant with him. Don't know a thing about him or her other than the bare bones of the story but if he's another kid who grew up without a father figure around its just another example of the destruction of family values by the liberals who gave us the 'Great Society' and its resultant welfare queens and drug ridden public housing projects. I suspect there is more to this story that we aren't going to find out about. Not a real good example for responsible gun carry I'm afraid but a good example for why more women should be armed.

jesus christ

imported post

So, I'm new here. I was wondering if it was legal to carry guns openly and in which states. I found the maps and this forum. I was thinking about getting one, maybe not seriously thinking about it, but still thinking about it. I came across this post. Can I just point out a few things?

1) Everybody seems to think this mother and son are the scum of the earth. Most likely, these are average people. They could even be nice or friendly people. They certainly weren't doing anything wrong. An innocent person shot her own son.

If somebody gets robbed and they defend themselves, that is a good example of when you should carry a gun. How is the story in this thread in any way a good example of why you should carry a gun?

2) A few people mentioned sarcastically they'd like to see how anti-gun groups spin this. After reading this thread and coming from kind of a middle ground on gun laws, I feel like this story has been spun around a little bit already. Again, you don't have much information about these people. But somebody has suggested they're drug addicts, robbers, and even a son without a father who deserves to die because the mother should have gotten an abortion when she was 16. Please step back and think about what you're saying. There's a little bit of bias in here.

I'm hoping that you can recognize your biases and try to avoid them in the future. You won't win many supporters with a thread like this.

It might be helpful to think of this story as your son you'd just shot. The ski mask was a bit much and the guy sounds like kind of an idiot, but it was a playful joke. Hopefully you'll never shoot your own son, but if it happened, you're probably not terrible people and it would be very sad.

From reading this post, I'm sad to say I'm a little wary of the open carry movement. Now the other posts I've read... that's another discussion.

Oh, and uh... I forgive all of you for your sins.

jesus christ

imported post

Also, I'll mention that this story was already a little biased when it was written so it is difficult to be impartial. Just because police are investigating the story, it doesn't mean the police right. I don't have too much faith in the police.

They certainly weren't very helpful when my house was robbed.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"jesus christ"

First, WELCOME to the forum.

Second, you are correct, many here took the little knowledge of the incident that was in the paper, and then filled in the blanks and arrived at a conclusion and YES, some who post here do go "over the top" sometimes. Like you, we all agree the dude in the mask is an IDIOT!

Second, there is a HUGE responsibility that comes with carrying, because if you use it, you will loose. It's just a matter of how much or what you loose. Not carrying reliefs you of the responsibility, but when the goblin comes a callin' you will still loose.

I can't say what is right for you. I can't say I'd use the firearm either, won't know that until faced with the situation. What I can say is that EVERYBODY has the right to choose what is right for them. It is everybody's right to have an alternative other than, "cower and pray."

Having said that, I actually communicate with my children. They all know I carry, and none of them would be stupid enough to "fake a robbery" so it does make the average thinking man wonder.....

Regardless your choice (to carry or not) there will be repercussions to both actions. You need to decide for yourself which repercussions are acceptable to you.

As to those who choose to bloviate here, I suggest we judge them by their deeds rather than their words, and those here who open carry are all law-abiding.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

jesus christ wrote:
1) Everybody seems to think this mother and son are the scum of the earth. Most likely, these are average people. They could even be nice or friendly people. They certainly weren't doing anything wrong. An innocent person shot her own son.

It might be helpful to think of this story as your son you'd just shot. The ski mask was a bit much and the guy sounds like kind of an idiot, but it was a playful joke. Hopefully you'll never shoot your own son, but if it happened, you're probably not terrible people and it would be very sad.

From reading this post, I'm sad to say I'm a little wary of the open carry movement. Now the other posts I've read... that's another discussion.

I have a hard time believing that you came here with an open mind and now, only because of this thread are wary of the OC movement. May theAlmighty Godhave mercy on you, and forgiving your sins, bring you to life everlasting......:cool:

Here we have a woman who was carrying an illegal handgun in a concealed manor. We have her son who either pretended to rob her or in fact really was trying to rob her until he was shot. The truth will come out and the truth will set you free......

The OC movement advocates following all laws. OC in WI is legal. How woulda movement which advocatesbeing a responsible adult by following all laws make you wary?

Apparently our ideas of a playful joke differ.

Old Grump

imported post

jesus christ wrote:

If somebody gets robbed and they defend themselves, that is a good example of when you should carry a gun. How is the story in this thread in any way a good example of why you should carry a gun?

I'm hoping that you can recognize your biases and try to avoid them in the future. You won't win many supporters with a thread like this.
If you read the entire post you would have come across the fact that we acknowledge we only have part of the story and that we may never know all the details. A reason why more women should carry a gun is because they are more likely to be victims because they are easier targets.

Don't bother forgiving me, I doubt very much you are the Jesus Christ that I pray to. Since you think you are Jesus Christ. I wouldn't worry much about carrying a gun, who would attack you since you would just rise again. Now why don't you be a good little boy and take your meds, I think you are over due.

Lurchiron

imported post

marshaul wrote:
The Jesus Christ that I pray to, the Jesus Christ that I don't. What's the difference?
Only one was born to a virgin....:lol:

I had him pegged at the lower-case "handle".

Do you think he'll be around for the resurrection???

Lurchiron

imported post

jesus christ wrote:
Also, I'll mention that this story was already a little biased when it was written so it is difficult to be impartial. Just because police are investigating the story, it doesn't mean the police right. I don't have too much faith in the police.

They certainly weren't very helpful when my house was robbed.
Sorry to here that buddy...were the perps Romans' ??? :what: