• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom shoots son when holdup prank goes wrong

protias

imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/83632112.html

A young man's attempt to play a practical joke on his mother Thursday went awry when the woman ended up in police custody and the son ended up with a bullet in his groin, police said.
The injured 21-year-old told police he thought it would be funny to frighten his mother when she returned from shopping, according to the Milwaukee Police Department. So the young man put on a ski mask about 9 p.m. and approached her at their house in the 3700 block of N. 13th Street, police said.
The 37-year-old mother drew a .357-caliber revolver from her waistband and pulled the trigger several times, hitting her son at least twice, police said. Emergency responders took the man to the hospital and police did not know his condition Friday morning.
Officers recovered a blue steel revolver with an obscured serial number from the mother, police said.
While this is a tragic event, the kid should not have been so stupid. What do you think would happen if you are wearing a ski mask at night? I'm sure there will be some DA that will try to go after this women for having "an obscured serial number" on the gun.

Edit: I also hope she doesn't get charge for a concealed gun.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Apparently this immatureyoung man did not realize that his mother was fullycapable of defending herself.

As far as charges against the mother from the information provided highly unlikely, just pray she is not beating herself up about it for at the time of the incident it was a crime in progress.

PT111

imported post

I am sure there is more to this story but right now I'm not buying it. A 21 year old still living at home with a 37 year old mother trying to frighten her. She pulls a .357 with a missing serial numberfrom her waistband. Too many questions here.

Lurchiron

imported post

PT111 wrote:
I am sure there is more to this story but right now I'm not buying it. A 21 year old still living at home with a 37 year old mother trying to frighten her. She pulls a .357 with a missing serial numberfrom her waistband. Too many questions here.
Ah, but you need to understand the unique aspects of the Northside of Milwaukee; lots of baggy-pants and not much hope.

KansasKraut

imported post

I would have shot this dumb ass too! Mom! You didn't recognize your own son...wearing a ski mask...at night...alone on the street...in a bad part of town? I guess this is a sad story, but that idiot almost made himself eligible for a Darwin award! I'm interested to see how the anti-guns will spin this one.

PT111

imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
PT111 wrote:
Ah, but you need to understand the unique aspects of the Northside of Milwaukee; lots of baggy-pants and not much hope.
There you go, baggy-pants is why she shot him. :)

anmut

imported post

PT111 wrote:
+1 on that.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It doesn't sound that far-fetched at all, actually.

Only detail I would change to fit occam's razor is that the robbery was probably not intended to be a "joke". I'm sure you've all seen "Requiem for a Dream".

Either way, I have a hard time imagining that this woman did anything wrong, or that her son got anything but what was coming to his dumb ass.

scorpio_vette

imported post

ROFLMAO

.357 revolver $300
ammunition $20
shopping trip $100
the look on your face when you realize your son is stupid enough to get himself shot by his own mom. PRICELESS

for everything else.........there's mastercard. LOL

anmut

imported post

I dunno, that's a bit of money for a de-serialized .357... You should maybe use drugs as tender.

.357 revolver - 2lbs of weed
ammunition - 3 crack rocks
shopping trip - 50 hits of meth
the look on your face when you realize your son is stupid enough to get himself shot by his own mom. PRICELESS

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, so, where are you guys getting "deserialized" from "obscured"?

That's a huge deductive leap, one that Sherlock himself would be unwilling to make, given the hyperbole to which news reporting is accustomed.

Occam's razor suggests that, had the gun been "deserialized", the report would have used language a bit more "yellow" in describing that fact.

Sounds to me like we're talking about grips of some sort (revolvers routinely have #s covered by grips, especially larger or laster-sighting models).

scorpio_vette

imported post

anmut wrote:
I dunno, that's a bit of money for a de-serialized .357...  You should maybe use drugs as tender. 

.357 revolver - 2lbs of weed
ammunition - 3 crack rocks
shopping trip - 50 hits of meth

i wasn't sure how much a 357 would cost if new, plus they didn't list brand (or i overlooked it), so that's a large variable.

but there's no way in hell anybody in their right mind is going to pay 2lbs of weed for a .357. and ammunition for 3 crack rocks.........well that depends on how much ammo i guess.
and that better have been one hell of a shopping trip for 50meth hits. damn man you sure are wasteful with your drugs. LOL

Old Grump

imported post

If this story is true as reported, (I never take first reports at face value), then hopefully the shot was placed in the proper position to take this dope out of the gene pool.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

marshaul wrote:
OK, so, where are you guys getting "deserialized" from "obscured"?

That's a huge deductive leap, one that Sherlock himself would be unwilling to make, given the hyperbole to which news reporting is accustomed.

Occam's razor suggests that, had the gun been "deserialized", the report would have used language a bit more "yellow" in describing that fact.

Sounds to me like we're talking about grips of some sort (revolvers routinely have #s covered by grips, especially larger or laster-sighting models).
The updated story says the serial number was "obliterated" which suggests that it was intentionally removed.

Not sure how Occam's razor is entering into your thought process... are aftermarket grips a more simple explanation than filing the number off?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Old Grump wrote:
If this story is true as reported, (I never take first reports at face value), then hopefully the shot was placed in the proper position to take this dope out of the gene pool.
Well, if she hit him "below the belt" you can be relatively sure that she was attempting a head shot. :p

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, even at inflated California Retail Price ("CRP") you could get a good .357 with two, possibly three ounces of weed. :p

Then again, I figure that street value is a lot less than what may be seen in "legal" dispensaries here in SF.

The legal price isn't going to undercut the black market price while there's still a reason for the black market to exist (which there remains, even in California), after all.

Landose_theghost

imported post

That sux. I sure hopemommy didn't hit anything important down there.:shock:

On a related note, I know WAVE is dancing in the streets right now, I can't wait to see how they spin thisone topush thier Agenda:banghead:.

-Landose-

Landose_theghost

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
My money is betting that it was not intended to be a joke and the punk wasreally trying to rob his mom. After the fact it is easy to claim that it was "just a joke"...:?
I wouldn't doubt it,these scum will burn ANY one for $, Including their own mother.