• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not Off Topic Question

T Vance

imported post

Glock 19 wrote:
hell i'll say it first....OC a AR or AK47 or any long arm gun is just plan dumb!!!:banghead:your not rambo!!!:what:if you dont like what i just said..wah!!! get over it

Thing is, you're not the first to say it. It's been beaten to death.

And this thread was made to clarify those questions I asked by MOC board members and the co-founders of OCDO.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Glock 19 wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
Who's running the MIOC website?

I can have a free speech forum online in a matter of minutes.
hell i'll say it first....OC a AR or AK47 or any long arm gun is just plan dumb!!!:banghead:your not rambo!!!:what:if you dont like what i just said..wah!!! get over it

What about a shotgun or a lever-action rifle?

Would either one be OK, do you think, G19?

G

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
What part of handgun don't you understand?

What part of "Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and of the State" says "handguns only" to you?
The question is not about lawful activities.

The questions are as they relate to this website and MOC.

I'll be glad to discuss lawful activities with you on a website that allows that.

but, rule #11 states handguns. I'm am not going to debate that. I have my opinion of that. But until I start my own forum I have to post here in accordance with their rules.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

T Vance wrote:
1) What about those of us that have long arms that technically, in the state of Michigan anyway, are considered and REGISTERED as a pistol; can we still discuss those?
Well sure, we can still discuss an interesting long gun issue - the requirement to register long guns or pistols should be repealed in my opinion - in fact I recall one hous of Michigan's legislature doing just this a couple years ago and then the other house amended the bill to repeal some "safety" inspection but keep overall registration.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
T Vance wrote:
1) What about those of us that have long arms that technically, in the state of Michigan anyway, are considered and REGISTERED as a pistol; can we still discuss those?
Well sure, we can still discuss an interesting long gun issue - the requirement to register long guns or pistols should be repealed in my opinion - in fact I recall one hous of Michigan's legislature doing just this a couple years ago and then the other house amended the bill to repeal some "safety" inspection but keep overall registration.

That's for all pistols, not long guns.

There was legislation last year that would have gotten rid of the long gun "pistols" but it is starving in committee.

T Vance

imported post

Mike wrote:
T Vance wrote:
So if I understand you correctly, we cannot talk about long arms on this forum, unless it has to do with repealing the registering of long arms. Is this correct?

Michigander

imported post

I believe an exact quote from Larry Vickers is "a handgun is the most difficult PDW to master". With all the time I've wasted around guns, I couldn't agree more.

If I wanted to carry a Serbu Super shorty, a Mini Uzi, a pistol sized M16 with a .45 upper, few people would debate that it would be a more effective way to defend myself than any handgun. Hell, the Secret Service carried Uzi's for years. Would these things be out of line to discuss?

What about if I wanted to discuss how I carry a back up dagger while not restricted by unconstitutional laws? How about if I wanted to discuss how I've seen people in the south west carrying large knives and swords, and I don't think it's a bad idea to promote?

Seems these things would be "off topic" to the narrowly defined subject at hand, despite the fact that they clearly aren't.