• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Emergency Weather Prep

LeagueOf1291

imported post

Looks like you people in Virginia are going to get slammed. In preparing for possibly a few days of lockdown, we all know to stoke up the wood stove and stock up on food and water, but is there any additional preparation recommended regarding arms, besides what we do anyway? Any special prep if you have to travel in dangerous weather?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I'm not going anywhere.. at least until Monday. Road clearing in Prince William County is really quite good, but I tend to value my property a bit so I am not about to put it in jeopardy by going out when I shouldn't. As far as arms, nothing different in that area.

Just heard that they are calling for a potential of 30" of snow. I rather doubt that but one never knows.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Honestly I really don't see any particular need to increase my firearms preparations due to snow. When people can't move or travel, I'd say the human caused threat matrix goes way down. With nothing to do yesterday I did detail strip and clean my carry guns with little anticipation of actually needing to use them this weekend.