Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WA Ceasfire LYING to its members

Post imported post

In Re what Dave is on about- Brady/Starbucks. Email just in with LIES underlined:

Dear Supporter,
    Washington Ceasefire is reaching out to you on behalf of the Brady Campaign. Over the past few months, more and more gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, intimidating fellow patrons.

[THATS SLANDER / LIBEL.]

Businesses can legally prohibit guns from being carried in their establishments - and so far, Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded customer concerns and barred the open carrying of guns.
    [False, according to RCW on criminal trespass 'open to the public and broke no laws on entering']

Starbucks Refuses to Prohibit Firearms in its Stores But Starbucks is refusing to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores, despite protests from loyal customers.
    [YEAH, STARBUCKS knows a good thing when they see it. WHOS GONNA ROB A STARBUCKS WITH A BUNCH OF OCers HANGING OUT? THEY LIKE THE SECURITY. So these crackpots at WCF have everyone against them,but they still childishly and arrogantly demand evereone bow to them? NOT]

Click here to sign the petition to let Starbuck know that you want them to stand up for the safety of their customers and adopt a nationwide, gun-free policy in all Starbucks stores
    Because of Starbucks' refusal, the Brady Campaign has teamed up with CREDO Action to tell Starbucks to keep guns out of its coffee shops.
    [TELL starbucks? What happened to ASK? Seems as Starbucks might run their business without these NAZIS telling them what to do?]

The practice of packing heat in places like Starbucks is intimidating and could be potentially dangerous to our families and communities - and it must be stopped.

It's everyone's right to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with their families without intimidation or fear of guns, either concealed or openly carried.
    Tell Starbucks to Adopt a gun-free policy Under the law, Starbucks has the right to adopt a gun-free policy,

[W-R-O-N-G - wheres the citation? I can cite where it DOESNT say that]
    [A RIGHT? I missed that part of the WA Constitution, and Ive read the whole thing]

with an exception for uniformed police officers. Such a policy can easily be implemented in most cases by putting up signs at store entrances.

We need to tell Starbucks to bar guns in its stores. These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training.
    Please sign the petition to Starbucks today!
    Spread the word! Send this email to a friend!
    Sincerely,
    Washington Ceasefire & The Brady Campaign

Post imported post

Ok Capn Camo ~ when I saw the title of the thread I went Duh!

But after more thought I went DUH!!
    It's everyone's right to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with their families without intimidation or fear of guns, either concealed or openly carried.
    Tell Starbucks to Adopt a gun-free policy Under the law, Starbucks has the right to adopt a gun-free policy,
    If there was intimidation (i.e. a verb ~ to make timid; fill with fear) then there would be an action corresponding to the reaction.

Buying coffee, standing in line, paying for said coffee, chatting with a barista are not actions of intimidation.

Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Gal blessit Dang flaming blaming glaring RIGHT brother. Im being nice, its a family BBS.

If 'they' are intimidated by an inanimate object, Id recommend a SHRINK.

Problem is the ones who say they are 'afraid' are often the second liar in the situation, they manufacture this fear to have something to complain about.

OH NOW, you got me thinking:

"It's everyone's right to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with their families without intimidation"

If read carefully, that states "to sit ... without intimidation"

I fail to see how "intimidation" modifies the verb "sit"

Yes, I agree if they "sit" in a threatening manner, they should be removed.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate 6 nanners, a record

Post imported post

Ceasefire is, if I remember right, 6,000 strong.

NRA is 92,000 strong

Non-NRA gun right advocates and owners (lets double it) 92,000 strong. (wild guess)

6,000 to 184,000 = no competition

They'll lose $500,000 or $20,000,000

Or gain business from more firearm advocates.

OH, just a thought.

DISCLAIMER:: just in theory, and not perfect actual numbers

Post imported post

correct

non NRA member here
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    correct

non NRA member here
    Same here, though this year I started auto-donations to SAF
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

I love the "Guns and Coffee" logo they have on that petition page! Just change the question marks to exclamation points and we have a new t-shirt!

Post imported post

A little better I think.. Also I finally managed to turn a frown upside down.. lol.

Post imported post

Nice job Trevor and Glocked and Loaded. Trevor check your email.

MD

ETA: Proper spacing in "Glocked and Loaded.

Post imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
    A little better I think.. Also I finally managed to turn a frown upside down.. lol.
    Is it just me or do we need to get a bunch of these made up and have a bunch of us meet at several locations in the Puget Sound area at the same time?

<edit> Starbucks, Open Carry across America day

let's pick a day and pass the word.... And get lots of these Tshirts made up !!

Post imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
    ....These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training.
    .....Sincerely,
    Washington Ceasefire & The Brady Campaign
    These morons finally went too far. First they say I don't carry more firepower than the swat team. Wrong.

Then they seem to imply that we need inferior law enforcement training to carry firearms. Wrong again!

Wake up and smell the coffee Washington Cease Fire. Starbucks does not hate freedom.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

passing this along.....

Found this in an 'open carry' Google search:
    http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily...ions_starb.php

Post imported post

Here we go! Thanks MachoDuck!

Post imported post

THIS! On a black T-shirt, I will buy two right now!!!

Post imported post

THIS! On a black T-shirt, I will buy two right now!!!
    I am with you..... We need a high quality pic in about a 1200 or 1600 res.

Post imported post

240x240 is the highest resolution that I can find. Its a bit better but if somebody can find a much higher resolution one I would be happy to modify that one too.

Its always stretchable but that wont look good.

Post imported post

Here it is stretched out to 1200x1200

Post imported post

Cuz that's howI roll... :shock:

Post imported post

Maybe I'm just being a nit picker, but shouldn't that mermaid be indexing her fingers, rather than her fingers being inside the trigger guards?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

Very, very nice.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Guys, be careful about trademark violations. The last thing we want to do is piss Starbucks off.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

ak56 wrote:
    Guys, be careful about trademark violations. The last thing we want to do is piss Starbucks off.
    *in 8yr old voice* But the Brady bunch started it!

Post imported post

I have to say this shows an incredible level of acceptance to Open Carriers, when your enemies are reduced to nipping at the heels of individuals businesses.

It must be a terrible psychological shock for them. At one time they had the ear of the President and felt the bureaucracy was behind them (trigger locks, etc). Now they are reduced to nipping at our heels and whining to each individual business. They have little political power and no national support and the political wind is blowing in their face.

This might be a good time to introduce legislation to repeal bans on full auto and suppressors.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

here is the one i did...

Post imported post

Look on the board behind where we are sitting! :shock:

Live Free or Die!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast