• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com - Let them drink Starbucks!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Please SUBSCRIBE to this column at http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner

And DIGG and REDDIT the article at http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m2d5-Let-them-drink-Starbucks

SNIP

examiner.com — So if you are a gun owner, the next time you need a cup a joe, drink at Starbucks. And its OK if you are not open carrying a holstered handgun, but do try to wear some pro-gun paraphernalia like an NRA hat or a "Guns Save Lives" button. And as you saddle up to cash register to get that latte, just look that barista in the eye and say . . .

Pocono

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds like we owe our latte-lapping brethren on the west coast a big thank-you as well. Weather permitting I OC at starbucks but usually – suit/white shirt/tie so I don't attract much attention. Glad to see corporate has stepped-up. And the logo is awesome…;)
moz-screenshot.png

Superlite27

imported post

Is thather fingers on the triggers?

(Had to ask. Had to.)

I love the logo. It's my new favorite. Of course, there needs to be a smile of caffeine and firearm induced contentment on her face instead of that Helmke'esque grimace. Can someone photchop the mouth and "turn that frown upside down"?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Good for you guys!

Uh, guy seated on the right in blue shirt... it's usually recommended to have the bullets facing forward in the mag pouch.

Dreamer

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Is thather fingers on the triggers?

(Had to ask. Had to.)

I love the logo. It's my new favorite. Of course, there needs to be a smile of caffeine and firearm induced contentment on her face instead of that Helmke'esque grimace. Can someone photchop the mouth and "turn that frown upside down"?

I can make this happen for you.

Do not try this at home, I'm a trained professional--I have PhotoShop and I'm not afraid to use it...;)

Fenris

imported post

Not sure about the "?" marks. Maybe should be "!" or better "$"'s.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Good for you guys!

Uh, guy seated on the right in blue shirt... it's usually recommended to have the bullets facing forward in the mag pouch.
That's me. I've tested this method and it works for me. Grab mag. Swing arm up. Bam! Into the mag well it goes. If done right it's a single move. Fast and easy.

Nuff said.

Edited to ad: The mermaid in our "poster" is smiling and there are bullets instead of question marks.

Pocono

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Fenris wrote:
Not sure about the "?" marks. Maybe should be "!" or better "$"'s.
How about a cropped Gadsden flag? In white of course.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I didn't one of our OCDO guys out here did (M1Gunr), if you look it is the one we hung on the wall at Starbucks yesterday. I believe he used photoshop.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Rugerp345

imported post

I agree. facing backwards. If they are facing forward I find that if I "draw" the mag out with my left hand, then when it is upright then the bullets are facing me, then I have to flip it around to load it. Maybe I aint doing it right?