• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon Non-Resident CPL's

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
Table space is something I'm sure he'd love to hear about. You canpm me your email addresses to pass on if you like, or if WAC wants to contribute they can give him a call.

I'm told he definitely wants to do the Puyallup WAC show but that's all I know at this point. If I hear he plans to do any shows in Idaho or California then people there might want to pitch in for the fingerprint machine too.
Already posted on Calguns.net's 2A forum. We are finding him some good deals on equipment, that's about half the cost, assuming they can be configured to comply with Oregon's LiveScan requirements.

kschmadeka

imported post

Gray Peterson wrote:
Already posted on Calguns.net's 2A forum. We are finding him some good deals on equipment, that's about half the cost, assuming they can be configured to comply with Oregon's LiveScan requirements.
Excellent. And this forum looks like a great place to drum up interstatesupport for expanding reciprocity and improving CPL laws in the region too, especially where Oregon is concerned.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Gray Peterson wrote:
Sheriff Palmer is a true friend of the Second Amendment, and I don't believe he would too much care for Portland Police Bureau whining to him about someone OCing in their city and demanding he revoke an OC'ers permit, as it would likely be answered with a flat "No" and "You should repeal your ordinance and stop going after open carriers as they are in compliance with the 2A".
I like this guy!

alienbogey

imported post

Please keep us posted!

I applied for an Oregon permit in one county - without going into detail was told my 'need' for it didn't apply to their county.

Thought I could apply by mail in another county, then show up for the fingerprinting and signoff later by appointment, but after sending app was told that I must apply in person, then return in person. 7+ hour drive.

If that sheriff shows up in Puyallup I'll be first in line.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

alienbogey wrote:
Please keep us posted!

I applied for an Oregon permit in one county - without going into detail was told my 'need' for it didn't apply to their county.

Thought I could apply by mail in another county, then show up for the fingerprinting and signoff later by appointment, but after sending app was told that I must apply in person, then return in person. 7+ hour drive.

If that sheriff shows up in Puyallup I'll be first in line.
Tell us who these counties are so we can put those sheriffs up in the wall of shame.

kparker

imported post

This is an excellent idea, and the sheriff is to be commended.

However, we can really help out by doing a lot of publicity in advance, as you need to provide some documentation to get the permit (not just get fingerprinted) and the average gun-show attendee isn't likely to be bringing it with them just in case...

heresolong

imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
This is OC relevant too because youneed a valid CPL to OC in Oregon.
Cite please. My understanding is that outside of certain cities that have passed local ordinances, Oregon is an unrestricted open carry state.

kschmadeka

imported post

heresolong wrote:
kschmadeka wrote:
This is OC relevant too because youneed a valid CPL to OC in Oregon.
Cite please. My understanding is that outside of certain cities that have passed local ordinances, Oregon is an unrestricted open carry state.
I've already been corrected on that. Was talking to the OFF guys about it this weekend though, they don't even keep a current list of where you can't OC because of how it can change unexpectedly.