• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carrying in TN

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
steveman01 wrote:
I'll be traveling through next week and wanted to be as clear as possible on the laws but TN seems to be a realbackasswordsstate, so please be kind enough to answer my silly questions.

Are there any cities along 75 with special laws not pre-empted that I should know about?
Not sure about cities with not-preempted laws. Carry in city/county parks may differ, though.

My CC permit is the permit that they refer to forOCright? Yes

Can I carry with one in the pipe, legally?(IDK where revolvers would fit in) In regard to handguns, yes. Longguns no

With regards to outlawing of holster carry (Belle Meade), Does that go for CC too? Does in the pants qualify as a holster?(this is problyin my top50 stupid laws) Belle Meade does not enforce the old city ordinance, They enforce State Law.
Answers in Red

Belle Meade can and will enforce their current City ordinance 11-602. It does require that only army or navy pistol may be carried openly in the hand. To state differently is untruthful and is liable to get someone into trouble.

BTW, anything you say to Task Force 16 may end up in the hands of law enforcement. He's our forum "tattle tell" from lobelville.

Grassroots

imported post

Advice to anyone wishng to carry in Tennessee...

Do NOT, repeat...

Do NOT listen to what Kwikrnu tells you. Unless you want your permit revoked as well.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Grassroots wrote:

Do NOT, repeat...

Do NOT listen to what Kwikrnu tells you. Unless you want your permit revoked as well.

Whose permit was revoked?

Please cite the carry law in the City of Belle Meade.

Grassroots

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Grassroots wrote:

Do NOT, repeat...

Wow... Are you serious? Are you now stating that your handgun carry permit wasn't/isn't revoked?

Edit: Revoked/Suspended.. Is that better? I don't need to cite it Leonard... You've done it enough for everyone here.

Not to mention, you act like a friggin child.. Seriously? "Here the forum tattle tell from Lobelville". So you don't like others giving out your personal information but it's okay for you to do it? Gah man grow up!

steveman01

imported post

Not tryin' to take sides here, but to be honest I've read a lot of kwik's posts and he seems to know the laws better than most. I'm some what of a fan of his as he is willing to act rather than sit on his duff. I like a man willing to stand his ground and exercise his rights...anywho:

Any cities, counties, or parks I should keep an eye out for?

Will be traveling 75, and maybe stopping at my cousin's house in Sneedville.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Grassroots wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Grassroots wrote:

Do NOT, repeat...

Wow... Are you serious? Are you now stating that your handgun carry permit wasn't/isn't revoked?

Edit: Revoked/Suspended.. Is that better? I don't need to cite it Leonard... You've done it enough for everyone here.

Not to mention, you act like a friggin child.. Seriously? "Here the forum tattle tell from Lobelville". So you don't like others giving out your personal information but it's okay for you to do it? Gah man grow up!

There is a difference between a suspended and revoked permit.

As far as Task Force 16, others need to know who he is and that he is a government tattle tell. Do you want more proof?

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:

As far as Task Force 16, others need to know who he is and that he is a government tattle tell. Do you want more proof?
Ahhhh, Leonard, how many people have been fired where you use to work as a result of you being a tattletale? How many videos did you submit to get school bus drivers fired that led to your [cough]resignation[/cough]?

By tattletale, do you mean Task Force 16 is in law enforcement? Has he told on you? Well, that would be redundant-tattling what with all the different agencies monitoring your posts here on OCDO.

But, that all is way off topic and you probably aren't comfortable answering anyway...

My apologies to the OP.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
BTW, anything you say to Task Force 16 may end up in the hands of law enforcement. He's our forum "tattle tell" from lobelville.
Now I'm really curious. What that's been posted has TF16 given to law enforcement?

Grassroots

imported post

Leonard I don't need to cite the law. You've done that enough times that for everyone here. Bottom line is your permit is suspended b/c you forced confrontation with law enforcement, then in turn use it as a way to get money for nothing.

It's actually quite pathetic. As others have posted in your many on-line profiles (youtube, glock talk, opencarry, etc..) you are hurting those who choose to open carry without confrontation, not "test the waters".

Russ, Task Force "alerted" LEO's to his comments on this site (and maybe others), by writing a letter. Kwik posted the letter in a previous thread and in turn called Task out on it by releasing personal info. Leonard sure likes to say LE "retaliated" against him so well, yet he does just the same.

Grow up Leonard.

Why you aren't banned from here yet is beyond me. Not to mention some of your "side-kicks". You can call people ignorant (same goes for Slowfiveoh), and make personal attacks like such yet nothing happens. But as soon as someone does something you don't like you cry foul.

Give me a break already...

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

Ahhhh, Leonard, how many people have been fired where you use to work as a result of you being a tattletale? How many videos did you submit to get school bus drivers fired that led to your [cough]resignation[/cough]?

By tattletale, do you mean Task Force 16 is in law enforcement? Has he told on you? Well, that would be redundant-tattling what with all the different agencies monitoring your posts here on OCDO.

But, that all is way off topic and you probably aren't comfortable answering anyway...

My apologies to the OP.
I'm not sure how many were fired, if any. However, the bus drivers I video taped were in violation of State Law, federal law and workplacepolicy.Their unlawful actions put in jeopardy the lives of hundreds of children.

I haven't broken the laws nor have I threatened to break any laws.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Grassroots wrote:
You admitted to breaking the law in Brentwood, so try again. Doesn't matter what you think of the law... It's the law in that city.

Unconstitutional law is not law. Brentwood City Ordinance is Preempted by State Law TCA 39-17-1314(a) and a TN Supreme Court decision (glasscock v chattanooga 1928).

Apparently you are too ignorant to understand.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

My apologies to the OP.
I'm not sure how many were fired, if any. However, the bus drivers I video taped were in violation of State Law, federal law and workplacepolicy.Their unlawful actions put in jeopardy the lives of hundreds of children.

That first group you blew the whistle on, didn't they threaten to kill you? Thought you said some of them were fired.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

My apologies to the OP.

That first group you blew the whistle on, didn't they threaten to kill you? Thought you said some of them were fired.

I don't believe I wrote that.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:

My apologies to the OP.

Which, that they threatened your life or they were fired?

ecocks

imported post

Wow, I'm so confused. I thought this guy had a felony drug conviction and was unable to get a CHP? Revoked, no suspended. Felony conviction no pardoned. Being harassed, seeking confrontation.

Where there is smoke, there's fire.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

ecocks wrote:
Wow, I'm so confused. I thought this guy had a felony drug conviction and was unable to get a CHP? Revoked, no suspended. Felony conviction no pardoned. Being harassed, seeking confrontation.

Where there is smoke, there's fire.

Harrassment and intimidation by the State. I've had a permit since 2001 and a clean record with no criminal charges or convictions. The State of Tennessee hasissued at least one permit to aresident charged with assault of a police officer and charged with weapons crimes while dealing drugs, buthe plead the crimes down to misdemeanors and still has apermit. So, ask yourself why that man would still have his permit to carry, but I don't. It is being arbitrary and capricious.

RussP

imported post

RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:

My apologies to the OP.

Which, that they threatened your life or they were fired?
?????