Thread: Jay La Suer for San Diego County Sheriff!

Post imported post

The San Diego County Sheriff elections are coming up this year. Primaries will be June 2010 with the general electionions being held this November. I read the article on the web page below and it seems that Jay LaSuer is all for concealed carry. Ya'll should check it out.

http://www.sheriffjay.org/articles/carry_permits.html

Post imported post

The three candidates, four if you count the incumbent, Bill Gore, made presentations last fall. Gore was the only one against issuing CCW permits. (You should have heard the lawyers laugh when Gore claimed it was against the law to issue CCWs in California.) LaSuer is good, as is Duffy.

Duffy had problems with Unloaded Open Carry when I spoke with him in January. Jim Duffy had the honesty to admit he would require a face to face interview between the applicant and a representative of the sheriff's department. That is not quite Shall Issue, but is much better than what we have.

I wonder about endorsements for loaded open carry in other counties as well as in San Diego county...and in establishments that serve alcohol. I'll have to ask when I get the chance.

Disclaimer, I don't work for the SD sheriff's department, but I gave a donation to LaSuer.

Tack
    It does not take courage to change America, it takes courage to keep it.
    Ignorance of the law is an excuse for neither citizens..nor for law enforcement.
    NRA life member

Post imported post

Bruce Ruff is pro shall issue but supports breaking leather and e checks on OCers.

LaSuer is having a drive through signature drive so that he does not have to pay a filing fee to run for sheriff. It is going to be held at:

Signatures in Lieu of Filing Fees.
    Due: Thursday Febuary 18, 2010
    Where: Scottish Rite Center
    Time: 4 - 7 PM

Even if you don't support him no one should have to pay $2000 to run for office. I will be signing all of the candidates petitions that have them.

My support: 1 LaSuer 2 Duffy 3 Ruff and I support Gore getting hit by a bus.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Banned

Post imported post

chewy352 wrote:
    Bruce Ruff is pro shall issue but supports breaking leather and e checks on OCers.

LaSuer is having a drive through signature drive so that he does not have to pay a filing fee to run for sheriff. It is going to be held at:

Signatures in Lieu of Filing Fees.
    Due: Thursday Febuary 18, 2010
    Where: Scottish Rite Center
    Time: 4 - 7 PM

Even if you don't support him no one should have to pay $2000 to run for office. I will be signing all of the candidates petitions that have them.

My support: 1 LaSuer 2 Duffy 3 Ruff and I support Gore getting hit by a bus.
    BUMP ^

Banned

Post imported post

Man, that was insane. Loud as frak DJ right next to where they had you stop, cameras flashing off to the side, multiple candidates coming up one after another, after another... asking for petition-in-lieu-of-filing-fee signatures (or whatever they're called). I wasn't expecting that many, and my handwriting suffered with some using clipboards, some with cardstock as a backboard, and I think one had a padded portfolio-type thing.

If they got any pictures of me, I'm glad I shaved today.

Post imported post

It wasn't too busy when I went by at 5. I also picked up 3 petitions so if any one wants to sign it let me know.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

I fear that with 2.5 "relatively" pro-citizen candidates running that the pro-gun vote is going to get split 3 ways and the "incumbent" is going to waltz (back) into office.
    One of the preferred candidates needs to rise to the top so we can concentrate our efforts behind a single pro-carry candidate.

I'm going to get behind Jay LaSuer and push as hard as I can.

Banned

Post imported post

I have one of Jay's bumper stickers, but no vehicle to put it on.