• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms in the UK ... POLL

groats

imported post

UKexcop wrote:
No my answer is not to arm even more potential murderers.  Or would you have primary school teachers packing a gun?

What makes you think primary school teachers are potential murderers?

Face it, you have no plan that will work.

There is one which will:

"An armed society is a polite society"- Heinlein
It's not just a slogan, it is common sense, as well as statistically provable.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

groats wrote:
UKexcop wrote:
No my answer is not to arm even more potential murderers. Or would you have primary school teachers packing a gun?

What makes you think primary school teachers are potential murderers?

Face it, you have no plan that will work.

There is one which will:

"An armed society is a polite society"- Heinlein
It's not just a slogan, it is common sense, as well as statistically provable.
In his mind, everybody is a potential murder - trust no one, disarm them all.

Problem that he fails to see is that the bg will still have weapons.

Yata hey

Haz.

imported post

What Ex-Uk-Plod is saying is this.

"Dont give me a gun, I dont want a gun, I MIGHT MURDER SOMEONE IF I GET A GUN.

I amno longera law abiding citizen if or whenever I am armed. When I amarmed I become a potential murderer."

He scary man.

Haz.

Buzz-tronic

groats wrote:
In his mind, everybody is a potential murder - trust no one, disarm them all.

Problem that he fails to see is that the bg will still have weapons.

Yata hey

Grapeshot, you are a well-minded and fine citizen standing up to that supposed ex-cop.
Nicely done, the UK police HATE the idea of people protecting themselves and love the power-trip they have.
The cops in the USA are not perfect but they do respect the citizen a lot more than the UK police do.
There is some evidence to support that Dunblaine was a cover-up for a rogue freemason group (child sacrifice) who went on the rampage and Hamilton was the fall-guy.

Indeed all the records on the case were sealed from public viewing for many years (just like the JFK killing).

I voted Yes on that poll too! :)

Daylen

Rogue freemasons sacrificing children?! wtf? Ya know just because they don't make a public list of their members and don't have their meetings open to the public doesn't mean they are evil devil worshipers.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Excellent results in the poll! Both "Yes" answers are tied for 46%, leaving just 8% for the various "No" votes.

That's about as definitive as a poll gets.

As for the last option, "No ... there would be widespread carnage if good people were allowed firearms. 6.44%", that's why I see "widespread carnage" here in Colorado, one of the most pro-gun states here in the U.S. :confused:, while California, one of the least pro-gun states has such a rosy lack of criminal history... :eek:

Last edited:

Alexcabbie

I have read with interest the comments by the gentleperson who identifies him/her self as a former UK Police Officer.

Looky here, Poindexter. That "even the police here carry no firearms" business was all very well and good when England was an homogenous society. Unspoken code betwixt the criminal class and the police, what?

Well, hell, Bobby. Down at the corner pub (yes there is one in my neighborhood) I feel no need for a firearm. I am among friends. But out in the city, blocks from home, my weapon is a comfort and an assurance.

I hear tell you UK LEOs now have special two-man teams driving in specially marked squad cars which contain, in the trunk, one unloaded revolver.

Well, I suppose that resolves holster-retention issues.

y'see, Mister Peel, Britain isn't so homogeneous anymore. You have imported to your shores hordes of people from cultures quite alien to your own. And these folks don't give a fig for all your fine honorable traditions. Much less your laws.

Frankly, Sir, your attitude toward the bearing of firearms by a free populace reminds me of a story wherein a farmer tells his wife that foxes have been killing the cats the farmer keeps to control rats in the grain-crib.

The wife's solution? De-claw the cats. :banghead:

It was not for the lack of rights retained by an Englishman that these United States revolted against King George III, it is rather that George IGNORED these rights.

Seems to me that the American Colonies were fortunate to have the good sense to remove themselves from the jurisdiction of England. You folks on the other side of the sink have gone crackers.