• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunshow Today (02-06-2010)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

gunshow.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
We are supposed to have a table there but I have made a command decision not to go today due to the weather. :)

I may show up tomorrow for the day if the roads are cleared enough for safe travel.

Lots of empty tables and a light crowd. I took about 50 pictures of a treaty rifle, bought 25 pounds of RE17 and went home.

It's snowing harder now. Zeus likes it.:lol:

high-jump.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
We are supposed to have a table there but I have made a command decision not to go today due to the weather. :)

I may show up tomorrow for the day if the roads are cleared enough for safe travel.
I may go back tomorrow too. I want to get a second look at a shotgun that I should have bought today.

I also want to look for a loophole. No one had any today.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

decision made - staying home. Kids are sick, wife's away, heat is on the blink, truck's buried in snow, lots of paperwork to do.

I'll be a good vendor though and pay my table fee. First gun show I've missed in a long, long time.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Skid driving me riding shotgun, we led an out of towner to the show from Willis Rd to the Racetrack through and around beautiful church hill. :uhoh: It was scenic. :p

Saw Kennys and his whole family there, talked with "Little Joe" and ignored Dark Sun.

Lusted for a gorgeous S & W mod.58 .41 mag - it was pristine!

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Skid driving me riding shotgun, we led an out of towner to the show from Willis Rd to the Racetrack through and around beautiful church hill. :uhoh: It was scenic. :p

Saw Kennys and his whole family there, talked with "Little Joe" and ignored Dark Sun.

Lusted for a gorgeous S & W mod.58 .41 mag - it was pristine!

Yata hey
I went back and picked up the ML double barrel. There were less people than yesterday and everyone was willing to deal just for gas money. Looks like the show was a bust for all the vendors. The how promoter wasn't happy either. She said that made three weekend shows that Mother Nature had ruined.

Proshooter....should have gone. The Roads are clear:banghead:

day-after.jpg

The Wolfhound

imported post

Toured around the show Sunday afternoon for about 2 hours. Lots of open tables and very light crowd. Bought a few holsters and accessories which is what we were after anyway. Roads had been well cleared.

curtiswr

imported post

peter nap wrote:

The National Weather Service misspelled "bulletin.";) :p

I wanted to go but couldn't. Had to work. Hopefully I'll have my tax refund by the time the Doswell show comes up. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Curtis wrote:
peter nap wrote:

The National Weather Service misspelled "bulletin.";) :p

I wanted to go but couldn't. Had to work. Hopefully I'll have my tax refund by the time the Doswell show comes up. :D
Damn iggerent burecrats

pipesmoker

imported post

My wife and I decided to go on Sunday. Really not crowded, and many empty tables. Picked upa couple hundred rounds of .22 CCI MiniMags and a chinese boonie hat for my wife for gardening. Saw a ex-sniper Mosin Nagant 91/30 at Liberty Arms but SWMBO nixed that. Oh well, next time

ron