Thread: Any interest in a Utah permit class in Charlotte in May 2010?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Hi all,

I am going to be in Charlotte the weekend of May 14, 2010 for the NRA convention. I wanted to see if there was any interest in havinga Utah non-resident permit class. I am a Utah certified instructor based in Richmond, Va. I routinely travel to do the class and thought that there might be some interest in NC.

Any thoughts?

Jim

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Hi all,

I am going to be in Charlotte the weekend of May 14, 2010 for the NRA convention. I wanted to see if there was any interest in havinga Utah non-resident permit class. I am a Utah certified instructor based in Richmond, Va. I routinely travel to do the class and thought that there might be some interest in NC.

Any thoughts?

Jim
    why obtain Utah non-residential permit when NC permit is already honor by Utah ?

if it's MA non-resident permit then I am interested because MA did not honor NC permit.

Post imported post

airwolf09 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Jim
    why obtain Utah non-residential permit when NC permit is already honor by Utah ?

if it's MA non-resident permit then I am interested because MA did not honor NC permit.
    I believe it gives two states that NC does not cover:
    WY
    MN

But, there are plenty of reasons to have a class here - since it's Charlotte, it could be catering to TN, SC and GA residents. It could be someone who has plans to move to a state with a less widely accepted permit or a state with no permit at all or it could be someone who does not qualify for an NC permit but does qualify for a UT permit. A non-resident alian could be an example. It could be a matter of money - UT permits are cheaper than NC. And the list goes on. UT non-resident is one of the best that you can get.

I'm already through my gun budget for the next decade, so I don't think I could swing it past my wife.

Post imported post

CarryOpen wrote:
    airwolf09 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Jim

I believe it gives two states that NC does not cover:
    WY
    MN

But, there are plenty of reasons to have a class here - since it's Charlotte, it could be catering to TN, SC and GA residents. It could be someone who has plans to move to a state with a less widely accepted permit or a state with no permit at all or it could be someone who does not qualify for an NC permit but does qualify for a UT permit. A non-resident alian could be an example. It could be a matter of money - UT permits are cheaper than NC. And the list goes on. UT non-resident is one of the best that you can get.

I'm already through my gun budget for the next decade, so I don't think I could swing it past my wife.

Lots of good reasons there. Plus, Utah is very good about adding more states. You never know what the future holds.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

Slightly off-topic but I want everyone to know that I do know how to spell alien. I don't know why I typed it that way...

Post imported post

I really wanted Utah, until Nevada dropped it....

Post imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
    I really wanted Utah, until Nevada dropped it....
    I think that they are working on getting it back.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

So no interest?
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

Well, I'd be interested, but I'm 19... hence the initial reason I signed up over here.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    So no interest?
    Intrested, definitely, how much are we talking about this costing?

If it doesn't help me in carrying anywhere (as I don't forsee myself going to Utah, WY or MN, but you never know, I might),it will add to the number of people that at least pro-gun enough to have a concealed carry permit for X-state, so I'm game with some extra details.

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    So no interest?
    Intrested, definitely, how much are we talking about this costing?

If it doesn't help me in carrying anywhere (as I don't forsee myself going to Utah, WY or MN, but you never know, I might),it will add to the number of people that at least pro-gun enough to have a concealed carry permit for X-state, so I'm game with some extra details.
    The cost of the class would be $85. I'd like to get at least 20 folks interested in it.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer