• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any interest in a Utah permit class in Charlotte in May 2010?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Hi all,

I am going to be in Charlotte the weekend of May 14, 2010 for the NRA convention. I wanted to see if there was any interest in havinga Utah non-resident permit class. I am a Utah certified instructor based in Richmond, Va. I routinely travel to do the class and thought that there might be some interest in NC.

Any thoughts?

Jim

airwolf09

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Hi all,

I am going to be in Charlotte the weekend of May 14, 2010 for the NRA convention. I wanted to see if there was any interest in havinga Utah non-resident permit class. I am a Utah certified instructor based in Richmond, Va. I routinely travel to do the class and thought that there might be some interest in NC.

Any thoughts?

Jim
why obtain Utah non-residential permit when NC permit is already honor by Utah ?:question:

if it's MA non-resident permit then I am interested because MA did not honor NC permit.:cool:

CarryOpen

imported post

airwolf09 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Jim
why obtain Utah non-residential permit when NC permit is already honor by Utah ?:question:

if it's MA non-resident permit then I am interested because MA did not honor NC permit.:cool:

I believe it gives two states that NC does not cover:
WY
MN

But, there are plenty of reasons to have a class here - since it's Charlotte, it could be catering to TN, SC and GA residents. It could be someone who has plans to move to a state with a less widely accepted permit or a state with no permit at all or it could be someone who does not qualify for an NC permit but does qualify for a UT permit. A non-resident alian could be an example. It could be a matter of money - UT permits are cheaper than NC. And the list goes on. UT non-resident is one of the best that you can get.

I'm already through my gun budget for the next decade, so I don't think I could swing it past my wife.

ProShooter

imported post

CarryOpen wrote:
airwolf09 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Jim

I believe it gives two states that NC does not cover:
WY
MN

But, there are plenty of reasons to have a class here - since it's Charlotte, it could be catering to TN, SC and GA residents. It could be someone who has plans to move to a state with a less widely accepted permit or a state with no permit at all or it could be someone who does not qualify for an NC permit but does qualify for a UT permit. A non-resident alian could be an example. It could be a matter of money - UT permits are cheaper than NC. And the list goes on. UT non-resident is one of the best that you can get.

I'm already through my gun budget for the next decade, so I don't think I could swing it past my wife.

Lots of good reasons there. Plus, Utah is very good about adding more states. You never know what the future holds.

CarryOpen

imported post

Slightly off-topic but I want everyone to know that I do know how to spell alien. I don't know why I typed it that way...

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
So no interest?

Intrested, definitely, how much are we talking about this costing?

If it doesn't help me in carrying anywhere (as I don't forsee myself going to Utah, WY or MN, but you never know, I might),it will add to the number of people that at least pro-gun enough to have a concealed carry permit for X-state, so I'm game with some extra details.

ProShooter

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
So no interest?

Intrested, definitely, how much are we talking about this costing?

If it doesn't help me in carrying anywhere (as I don't forsee myself going to Utah, WY or MN, but you never know, I might),it will add to the number of people that at least pro-gun enough to have a concealed carry permit for X-state, so I'm game with some extra details.
The cost of the class would be $85. I'd like to get at least 20 folks interested in it.