• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ridley Report

Do you feel the Ridley Report is causing harm to the OC movement?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

IMHO these Ridley Report people are doing more harm than good by instigation, contempt, and their childish sarcasm, what do you think?

Here is one exsample of one of their videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xufnLRt2qkw

They have over 1000 videos on youtube, only some deal with open carry, but because they have gotten so big, Im afraid that people are getting the wrong idea, and will tend to lump us together with other groups that we do not wish to be associated with.

Thoughts?

Jared

imported post

The cop was abusive. Exercising the 2nd amendment does not waive the 4th amendment. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. The people calling 911 are suppose to know open carry is legal. According to the courts, everyone is responsible for knowing ALL the laws. I have never found a court mandated gun exception to this principle.

doobie

imported post

Jared wrote:
The cop was abusive. Exercising the 2nd amendment does not waive the 4th amendment. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. The people calling 911 are suppose to know open carry is legal. According to the courts, everyone is responsible for knowing ALL the laws. I have never found a court mandated gun exception to this principle.
And worst case, the cops on the other end of 911 should know the law.

"Is the person holding/handling it or it is holstered?"
"Are they threatening someone with it?"
"Are they waving it around?"

"We'll investigate it." and either drive-by or not do anything.

Simple and easy to do.

M

McX

imported post

if this thread is about the riddley report; i like his commercials.

thejax

imported post

I agree with you guys about Ridley Report being over the top. His heart is in the right place and I would like to meet him someday but you guys are right with what you are saying.

I do want to ask though, do you feel its a good idea to bring him up here in the forum? If he catches wind of it he might get upset and cause negative publicity for this forum on his YouTube videos.

I say leave it be. The last thing I want is for this forum to get blown up over this.

In my life I have learned, you should not try to rationalize with irrational people. Think about it.

CarryOpen

imported post

I don't think that we have to worry about Ridley getting upset, there's only one vote against him. I enjoy the videos and think he's doing the right thing.

doobie

imported post

CarryOpen wrote:
I don't think that we have to worry about Ridley getting upset, there's only one vote against him. I enjoy the videos and think he's doing the right thing.
And considering it was my video Ridley used in that video...I can't get upset either...

mvpel

imported post

They have over 1000 videos on youtube, only some deal with open carry, but because they have gotten so big, Im afraid that people are getting the wrong idea, and will tend to lump us together with other groups that we do not wish to be associated with.

Central planning doesn't work on liberty activism. Tough luck, deal with it.

Dave won't get mad, anyway, he's too amiable a fellow to take offense at an internet forum post from a fellow pro-gun person. Ask him about his hate mail sometime.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If it wasn't for this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI ) Ridley Report a couple of years ago, I never would have learned of open carry. A couple weeks back I was in New Hampshire contributing tourism dollars to the state, chiefly because of the interest that Ridley inspired.

ETA: To be fair, that video isn't technically a Ridley Report, it just stars Dave himself.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
If it wasn't for this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI ) Ridley Report a couple of years ago, I never would have learned of open carry. A couple weeks back I was in New Hampshire contributing tourism dollars to the state, chiefly because of the interest that Ridley inspired.
Good for you. Last time I was in in Maine along the border, I too went out of my way to spend money in NH for this very reason.

I didn't get to see any liberty activism, but I've always though Portsmouth is a cool town.