• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GETTING IN MAINE

skerky10mm

imported post

Here in Maine open carry is a thing of the past and is not ever seen any more. after writing a email to a rep of the maine state police about what the laws were about open carry in maine because I plan to go on a big camping trip this summer and it would be a pain trying to concealed my glock while wearing my camping gear. After I got done writing my email I googled open carry and found this website and have been on it ever since (about 11 last night). I got my ccw with out even knowing about the open carry laws in maine. I have a buddy witch has got a gun to carry and has to wait to get his ccw. after finding this web site i told him about open carry. here Im maine it is not run of the mill to see some one with a gun on there hip. i want to do something about this! I am not even shore that local police know about open carry!

What can i do to raise awareness