• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

COLD WEATHER OPEN CARRY

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Braved the snow last night and went to Carmine's.. Had on a shirt, sweatshirt, fleece vest, light jacket and overcoat... got to the door of the restaurant and started stripping.. just to be legal. So stupid!

Riana

imported post

One of many reason we want that CC in restaurants thing fixed... don't want people stripping outside the front door. :what:

We went out to Manassas for late lunch/early dinner yesterday... I just wore a light jacket, so it was easy to switch toOC. Of course, I was freezing in the restaurant and couldn't put on my coat...

aadvark

imported post

The only time I carry is when it is warm and dry outside.

Unless I am Concealing the Firearm in question, I have always been scared to carry in inclement weather, because; I am afraid that I will ruin my Firearm.

However, in my State, Concealed Carry is Illegal, unless; the Firearm in question is a Pistol, in which case it has to be Unloaded.

ed

imported post

aadvark wrote:

Unless I am Concealing the Firearm in question, I have always been scared to carry in inclement weather, because; I am afraid that I will ruin my Firearm.

However, in my State, Concealed Carry is Illegal, unless; the Firearm in question is a Pistol, in which case it has to be Unloaded.
what state?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

aadvark wrote:

So you can't carry a revolver, eh? That's a strange law.

hunter45

imported post

I've been OC'ing out in the storm. Carried my Glock for the first time in probably six months (instead of my Kimber).

nova

imported post

sounds like aadvark is in IL, where you can have an unloaded pistol concealed.

TFred

imported post

Many good points here, which should be made to the committee members (and hopefully later, the entire general assembly) who control the fate of the various bills to repeal this restriction.

TFred

ClumsyCandy

imported post

ed wrote:
Braved the snow last night and went to Carmine's.. Had on a shirt, sweatshirt, fleece vest, light jacket and overcoat... got to the door of the restaurant and started stripping.. just to be legal. So stupid!

I just wear a waist length coat and tuck : ) Even when I'm layered, I still just tuck my coat and everything behind it...then again I don't have my own insulation (not that I'm saying Ed does) so I have more room between my side and my sidearm to tuck coats and such!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Wear a BIG GUN

BG-1.gif

ClumsyCandy

imported post

ed wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
then again I don't have my own insulation (like I'm saying Ed does) so I have more room between my side and my sidearm to tuck coats and such!
ouch!:uhoh:

LOL why you gotta be so mean to yourself? : ) Lets quit it out with the editing of peoples statements :) Don't want no one to think we went back and changed out statements so we wouldn't hurt feelings : ) I'm a nice person :D

BTW, Ed, after seeing the video of you getting urself stuck in the snow, I'm not surprised u have trouble OCing in the cold LMBO :D

Hendu024

imported post

Funny, I was just thinking of this situation today! I have a cc permit, so it's just easier for me to conceal. But I know a lot of you guys don't have one for whichever reason you choose, and I was wondering how you deal with it.

ed

imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Ed, after seeing the video of you getting urself stuck in the snow...
Oh.. THIS?

[flash=320,256]http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9257542&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1[/flash]

ClumsyCandy

imported post

ed wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Ed, after seeing the video of you getting urself stuck in the snow...
Oh.. THIS?

[flash=320,256]http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9257542&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1[/flash]

LOL yeah that was intelligent hehehe

ed

imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
LOL yeah that was intelligent hehehe
It was "planned and staged" for my daughter's amusement... I wanted to clean the driveway and knew the truck was not high enough for the street. After we cleared the driveway, we backed the truck back up (in 4 WD)

Thundar

imported post

ed wrote:
Drop leg holster is a practical solution in the winter, though you must be careful or some on the board will make fun of you as "tacti-cool"