• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

COLD WEATHER OPEN CARRY

nova

imported post

I OC'd around today though I CC'd as well. Glad I was CCing when I fell into a snowbank, though I'm sure my G32 would work covered in snow, it was nice that my coat protected it.

I'll be heading out in the morning, taking someone to a dialysis center at 0600.

I was hoping I'd see some VNG humvees by the time the storm was over :(

aquinob1

imported post

Been pretty easy for me. On really cold days (if there's such a thing here...) I wear a t-shirt and my normal sirt (tucked into my trousers) and I have a couple bomber jackets thatare comfortable. Gun stays on the outside and i'm not cold.

aquinob1

imported post

Virginia Beach. However, I do not find this state on a whole to be 'cold'. I'm tried and true Fort Wayne, Indiana :p

Pagan

imported post

I normally just were my thermals underneath a thick long sleeve shirt, and my wool beanie and OC just fine with my P93. I try tolayer my thinner clothes rather than put on a thick coat, and it works very good, but when it is cold and raining, I must wear a jacket.

darthmord

imported post

aquinob1 wrote:
Virginia Beach. However, I do not find this state on a whole to be 'cold'. I'm tried and true Fort Wayne, Indiana :p
Native to NW Ohio myself. Winters here are a joke. If they were any warmer, I'd wear shorts all the time... even after living here since 1995.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What portion of NW Ohio are you from darthmord? I'm a UT grad.

OT: Even with the snow and cold I've still been openly carrying most places, because I rarely even wear a jacket. If I'm going to outside for any extended period I might put one on, but just going from house to car, car to shop or car to work I don't need it to make it inside comfortably.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

aquinob1 wrote:
Add it (location) to your profile - it helps state specific questions and the mods.

That is unless you are participating in the witness protection program. :)

Yata hey