Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Press Release: OpenCarry.org Applauds Starbucks' Policy to Serve all Lawful Gun Owners

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/02/06/o...ers-world-wide

OpenCarry.org Applauds Starbucks’ Policy to Serve all Lawful Gun Owners
    Saturday, February 6th, 2010 at 11:33 am
    Tags: OpenCarry.org

OpenCarry.org Applauds Starbucks’ Policy to Serve all Lawful Gun Owners
    Free Market Ensures Gun Owners Will Get Served.

OpenCarry.org

Bristol, VA --(AmmoLand.com)- OpenCarry.org applauds Starbuck’s policy to serve all lawful gun carriers world wide. It is refreshing to see yet one more company not requiring law abiding gun owners to go to the back of the bus.

“Importantly,” says John Pierce, co-founder of OpenCarry.org, “Starbucks joins most American corporations in deciding not to discriminate against lawful gun carriers.”

For example, North American computer retailer giant Best Buy Inc.’s policy is also to “not restrict our customers who are legally entitled to carry a firearm.”
    See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/26780-2.html.

OpenCarry.org urges all gun owners to patronize Starbucks worldwide and thank them for supporting the Second Amendment.

See news coverage at DC Gun Rights Examiner.

AmmoLand.com[/b] – The Shooting Sports News source.

Post imported post

It is refreshing to see yet one more company not requiring law abiding gun owners to go to the back of the bus.

I absolutely applaud this line to effectively point out the similarites of prejudice.

Civil rights are civil rights. Using "go to the back of the bus" is an excellent analogy to point out the discrimination we gun owners endure.

Post imported post

A trip near Seattle to Starbucks this morning! With 10 OCDO in attendance!

Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    A trip near Seattl to Starbucks this morning! With 10 OCDO in attendance!
    Good work documenting more money being spent at Starbucks!

Everybody should try to look and act cheerful, spend some money there, and then move on just like normal folks - no scary carry, handing our pamphlets, engaging people in unwanted conversation about gun rights, loitering, etc. - we are in the midst of a national marketing campaign for open carry and its a perfect time to show the world what we do - open carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Mike,

Checkout the poster in the background of the third picture.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    Mike,

You guys are killin' me.

Right now we are receiving reports of massive star bucks patronage by gun owners all over the USA!

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    Mike,

You guys are killin' me.

Right now we are receiving reports of massive star bucks patronage by gun owners all over the USA!
    It would be cool if Starbucks reported a bump in sales for today!
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

I think I hear singing.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

Good job guys. I don't normally go there but I OC'd there today just to celebrate.

Post imported post

I will pass by my normal coffee hut (especially since one of the ladies working there told me that soldiers have "easy lives" and was trying to convince me of how "easy" it was...), and make it a point to patron Starbucks.

After all, they make a mean iced white mocha! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

OMG, the stores will be flooded with blood! We're all gonna die! We're going to drown in the bloody intimidation of normal people not doing anything wrong!! The uzimachinegunnuclearweaponsof50calliberdoomsdaydev icesniperexplodingtoxicdeath will use their mind control devices to force their evil owners to shoot all of us wearing birkenstocks to take a shower!!!

It doesn't even make sense!! But it's true!!!! Kill yourselves in a slow and painful way lest some horrible evil gun owner gets you first!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!

Anyways....

How low could the Brady's go to try to drag a company in like that? They obviously didn't consult before making their little press release. What did they really expect? You can't push brand names into propaganda like that, even when they agree.... It's bad for business, and they know it. You think every panty-wetting employee that company has had since the beginning of time hasn't made inquiries about this? Dumb move.... Even for a Brady mind....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    no scary carry, handing our pamphlets, engaging people in unwanted conversation about gun rights, loitering, etc.
    This is my MO when OC'ing, however I do keep pamphlets in my back pocket and hand them outto people who initiate conversation with meand have questions. That's ok, right?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    I do keep pamphlets in my back pocket and hand them outto people who initiate conversation with meand have questions. That's ok, right?
    Sure - I was just suggesting open carriers do not bother other people spontaneously

Post imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
    one of the ladies working there told me that soldiers have "easy lives" and was trying to convince me of how "easy" it was...),
    Yeah, right. Apparently she dosen't know nothing about the military, and dosen't

have any relatives in service. Sorry about the stolen thread.

Post imported post

marine77 wrote:
    slowfiveoh wrote:
    one of the ladies working there told me that soldiers have "easy lives" and was trying to convince me of how "easy" it was...),
    Yeah, right. Apparently she dosen't know nothing about the military, and dosen't

have any relatives in service. Sorry about the stolen thread.
    Believe me, I know. I am a combat vet, and the majority of the ladies there know that.

Kind of disappointing to be honest...
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    How low could the Brady's go to try to drag a company in like that? They obviously didn't consult before making their little press release. What did they really expect? You can't push brand names into propaganda like that, even when they agree.... It's bad for business, and they know it. You think every panty-wetting employee that company has had since the beginning of time hasn't made inquiries about this? Dumb move.... Even for a Brady mind....
    Easy...they were trying to appeal to Starbucks guilty conscience and fear of bad press allowing gun-toters in the peaceful tranquility that is Starbucks.

Fortunately, the Starbucks management had the backbone to tell them to go get bent.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I think the Brady Campaign seems to have forgotten or missed that Starbucks has been dealing with open carry issues long before California and has likely worked out all their internal issues.

The same probably can't be said for smaller regional companies like CPK or Peet's.

Post imported post

SIGguy229 wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    Easy...they were trying to appeal to Starbucks guilty conscience and fear of bad press allowing gun-toters in the peaceful tranquility that is Starbucks.

Fortunately, the Starbucks management had the backbone to tell them to go get bent.
    Oh, I forgot, they view NOT being a ****** bag as a bad thing... How sad is it that not being an idiot is a position from which they think the guilt card can be played?

Of course, being an idiot is a primary ingredient in needing bigger government to fail to take care of you...

I also think it is a significant distortion of the facts to say that Starbucks SUPPORTS OC. Nothing in their press release picked one side or the other. They simply stood up and said that they aren't going to impose any restrictions beyond law, and that they aren't going to be dragged into an arrogant child's propaganda game.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    I also think it is a significant distortion of the facts to say that Starbucks SUPPORTS OC. Nothing in their press release picked one side or the other. They simply stood up and said that they aren't going to impose any restrictions beyond law, and that they aren't going to be dragged into an arrogant child's propaganda game.
    +1

Most for profit corporations willvalue not offending one side or the other, and lay the issue directly at the feet of state & federal lawmakers. Intelligent move, Starbucks.

Post imported post

Looking for any OC supporters who are willing to be interviewed on camera in Seattle for KING 5 News today. Need to do this asap. Would like to meet you at a local Starbucks and get video of you exercising your rights. Please CALL ME at 206-604-0586. Thanks. Eric W.

Post imported post

Congratulations Starbucks!

Thanks for doing your best to avoid being bullied and supporting the laws of the land.

Post imported post

Here's a poll about guns in Starbucks. Hit it hard. It's on the right side of the page.

Should Starbucks ban guns in their stores?
    [*]Yes 18% (66) [*]No 82% (304)

http://www.nwcn.com/news/business/On...-84142442.html

Post imported post

What they don't understand, is that banning guns in Starbucks also means in some states, off-duty police, retired police...

Either way, for all of us, good

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    What else would you need to have happen before you would say that Starbucks supports OC? They allow it where it is legal. To allow it where it is not legal wouldn't really help OC or anyone who wants to OC, and quite simply isn't an option.

I'd say that thumbing your nose in the face of an organization like the Brady Bunch, who clearly has the bulk of the national media in their pocket, is a fairly substantial risk to a bean counter who has no personal care for OC or not, and it sure seems like support to me! If nothing else, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

TFred

Post imported post

Thanks for the information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast