• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Press Release: OpenCarry.org Applauds Starbucks' Policy to Serve all Lawful Gun Owners

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/02/06/opencarry-org-applauds-starbucks-policy-to-serve-all-lawful-gun-carriers-world-wide

OpenCarry.org Applauds Starbucks’ Policy to Serve all Lawful Gun Owners
Saturday, February 6th, 2010 at 11:33 am
Tags: OpenCarry.org

OpenCarry.org Applauds Starbucks’ Policy to Serve all Lawful Gun Owners
Free Market Ensures Gun Owners Will Get Served.

OpenCarry.org

Bristol, VA --(AmmoLand.com)- OpenCarry.org applauds Starbuck’s policy to serve all lawful gun carriers world wide. It is refreshing to see yet one more company not requiring law abiding gun owners to go to the back of the bus.

“Importantly,” says John Pierce, co-founder of OpenCarry.org, “Starbucks joins most American corporations in deciding not to discriminate against lawful gun carriers.”

For example, North American computer retailer giant Best Buy Inc.’s policy is also to “not restrict our customers who are legally entitled to carry a firearm.”
See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/26780-2.html.

OpenCarry.org urges all gun owners to patronize Starbucks worldwide and thank them for supporting the Second Amendment.

See news coverage at DC Gun Rights Examiner.

AmmoLand.com[/b] – The Shooting Sports News source.

Superlite27

imported post

It is refreshing to see yet one more company not requiring law abiding gun owners to go to the back of the bus.

I absolutely applaud this line to effectively point out the similarites of prejudice.

Civil rights are civil rights. Using "go to the back of the bus" is an excellent analogy to point out the discrimination we gun owners endure.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A trip near Seattle to Starbucks this morning! With 10 OCDO in attendance!
IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
A trip near Seattl to Starbucks this morning! With 10 OCDO in attendance!
Good work documenting more money being spent at Starbucks!

Everybody should try to look and act cheerful, spend some money there, and then move on just like normal folks - no scary carry, handing our pamphlets, engaging people in unwanted conversation about gun rights, loitering, etc. - we are in the midst of a national marketing campaign for open carry and its a perfect time to show the world what we do - open carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

slowfiveoh

imported post

I will pass by my normal coffee hut (especially since one of the ladies working there told me that soldiers have "easy lives" and was trying to convince me of how "easy" it was...), and make it a point to patron Starbucks.

After all, they make a mean iced white mocha! :p

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OMG, the stores will be flooded with blood! We're all gonna die! We're going to drown in the bloody intimidation of normal people not doing anything wrong!! The uzimachinegunnuclearweaponsof50calliberdoomsdaydevicesniperexplodingtoxicdeath will use their mind control devices to force their evil owners to shoot all of us wearing birkenstocks to take a shower!!!

It doesn't even make sense!! But it's true!!!! Kill yourselves in a slow and painful way lest some horrible evil gun owner gets you first!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!

Anyways....

How low could the Brady's go to try to drag a company in like that? They obviously didn't consult before making their little press release. What did they really expect? You can't push brand names into propaganda like that, even when they agree.... It's bad for business, and they know it. You think every panty-wetting employee that company has had since the beginning of time hasn't made inquiries about this? Dumb move.... Even for a Brady mind....

DanM

imported post

Mike wrote:
no scary carry, handing our pamphlets, engaging people in unwanted conversation about gun rights, loitering, etc.

This is my MO when OC'ing, however I do keep pamphlets in my back pocket and hand them outto people who initiate conversation with meand have questions. That's ok, right?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

DanM wrote:
I do keep pamphlets in my back pocket and hand them outto people who initiate conversation with meand have questions. That's ok, right?
Sure - I was just suggesting open carriers do not bother other people spontaneously

marine77

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
one of the ladies working there told me that soldiers have "easy lives" and was trying to convince me of how "easy" it was...),

Yeah, right. Apparently she dosen't know nothing about the military, and dosen't

have any relatives in service. Sorry about the stolen thread.

slowfiveoh

imported post

marine77 wrote:
slowfiveoh wrote:
one of the ladies working there told me that soldiers have "easy lives" and was trying to convince me of how "easy" it was...),

Yeah, right. Apparently she dosen't know nothing about the military, and dosen't

have any relatives in service. Sorry about the stolen thread.
Believe me, I know. I am a combat vet, and the majority of the ladies there know that.

Kind of disappointing to be honest...

SIGguy229

imported post

ixtow wrote:
How low could the Brady's go to try to drag a company in like that? They obviously didn't consult before making their little press release. What did they really expect? You can't push brand names into propaganda like that, even when they agree.... It's bad for business, and they know it. You think every panty-wetting employee that company has had since the beginning of time hasn't made inquiries about this? Dumb move.... Even for a Brady mind....
Easy...they were trying to appeal to Starbucks guilty conscience and fear of bad press allowing gun-toters in the peaceful tranquility that is Starbucks.

Fortunately, the Starbucks management had the backbone to tell them to go get bent.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think the Brady Campaign seems to have forgotten or missed that Starbucks has been dealing with open carry issues long before California and has likely worked out all their internal issues.

The same probably can't be said for smaller regional companies like CPK or Peet's.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SIGguy229 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Easy...they were trying to appeal to Starbucks guilty conscience and fear of bad press allowing gun-toters in the peaceful tranquility that is Starbucks.

Fortunately, the Starbucks management had the backbone to tell them to go get bent.
Oh, I forgot, they view NOT being a douche bag as a bad thing... How sad is it that not being an idiot is a position from which they think the guilt card can be played?

Of course, being an idiot is a primary ingredient in needing bigger government to fail to take care of you...

I also think it is a significant distortion of the facts to say that Starbucks SUPPORTS OC. Nothing in their press release picked one side or the other. They simply stood up and said that they aren't going to impose any restrictions beyond law, and that they aren't going to be dragged into an arrogant child's propaganda game.

Statesman

imported post

ixtow wrote:
I also think it is a significant distortion of the facts to say that Starbucks SUPPORTS OC. Nothing in their press release picked one side or the other. They simply stood up and said that they aren't going to impose any restrictions beyond law, and that they aren't going to be dragged into an arrogant child's propaganda game.
+1

Most for profit corporations willvalue not offending one side or the other, and lay the issue directly at the feet of state & federal lawmakers. Intelligent move, Starbucks.

KING 5 News

imported post

Looking for any OC supporters who are willing to be interviewed on camera in Seattle for KING 5 News today. Need to do this asap. Would like to meet you at a local Starbucks and get video of you exercising your rights. Please CALL ME at 206-604-0586. Thanks. Eric W.