• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Press Release: OpenCarry.org Applauds Starbucks' Policy to Serve all Lawful Gun Owners

ecocks

imported post

Congratulations Starbucks!

Thanks for doing your best to avoid being bullied and supporting the laws of the land.

Pace

imported post

What they don't understand, is that banning guns in Starbucks also means in some states, off-duty police, retired police...

Either way, for all of us, good :)

TFred

imported post

ixtow wrote:
I also think it is a significant distortion of the facts to say that Starbucks SUPPORTS OC. Nothing in their press release picked one side or the other. They simply stood up and said that they aren't going to impose any restrictions beyond law, and that they aren't going to be dragged into an arrogant child's propaganda game.
What else would you need to have happen before you would say that Starbucks supports OC? They allow it where it is legal. To allow it where it is not legal wouldn't really help OC or anyone who wants to OC, and quite simply isn't an option.

I'd say that thumbing your nose in the face of an organization like the Brady Bunch, who clearly has the bulk of the national media in their pocket, is a fairly substantial risk to a bean counter who has no personal care for OC or not, and it sure seems like support to me! If nothing else, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

TFred

slowfiveoh

imported post

Mike wrote:
Looks like Starbucks is stickig to their guns and the antis are hoppin' mad! see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dennis-a-henigan/starbucks-sticks-to-its-g_b_478974.html
The obviousness of their internal rage is bleeding into their "e-ink". It must be absolutely frustrating to try to create so much meaningless hyperbole on a daily basis in an effort to undermine what intelligent Americans have known for years.

It's surprising there hasn't been a cream or ointment invented that they can simply apply to their forehead area for treatment of Eleutherophobia.

So long as one attempts to say what another may do, there will never be freedom. Adding firearms to daily life is the addition of freedom. In fact, when one takes something away, or seeks to tell another person what they may or may not do with their lives, especially on the basis of irrational fear, then you are seeking to regulate a freedom.

I see the constituency of the Brady Campaign is so high, that perhaps they can open their chain of national coffee shops. Shoot, 27,000 in support of them? That's enough for what, 2-3 coffee shops max to maintain an annually positive income ratio?

Boy oh boy, I am sure Starbucks is going to feel this one...

Now since I have switched from my other coffee shop to Starbucks, I will take 2 Iced Venti White Mochas with whip,...oh and some of that pumpkin bread too...

Thanks!

GWbiker

imported post

For the past year, OC devotees in the "Wild West" Phoenix area have held a monthly OC dinner meet at local Golden Corral restaurants or at a couple of Chinese Buffet. Attendance at these OC dinners has numbered from around 35 to near 90.

We usually get a back room just several feet from the general public patrons, who don't seem to mind standing in line with someone who is carrying a holstered gun.

During the past 12 months there has been no panicked calls to 911, no frightened children, no screaming soccer moms, no threats of a boycott by the anti gun faction. Nothing, except restaurant managers asking us to return.

So, where is this public intimidation the Brady Bunch is warning everyone?:?

Basic Guy

imported post

It makes me glad to have been a long time Starbucks customer.

I love how - in this article ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dennis-a-henigan/starbucks-sticks-to-its-g_b_478974.html) and most I have read from the left - these anti's claim a right to not fear firearms, but they stupidly continue to fear them anyway. As if somebody OC'ing had caused that fear.

I also note how just about every anti-gun article about OC has to cast hate and derision on the NRA - even though the NRA has little to do with the OC movement. I find it interesting that the anti's don't seem to understand the issue well enough to see that this movement is even more grass-roots than the NRA is. Pretty hard to win a battle when you don't know who your opponent is.

Pace

imported post

Again, the BradyCampaign uses facts, figures, and more importantly "fear and beliefs" to base it's campaign. It cares not what the law or the Constitution says. We are a nation of laws, period. They want to preclude our rights with their morals and beliefs.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Pace wrote:
Again, the BradyCampaign misuses facts, figures, and more importantly "fear and beliefs" to base it's campaign. It cares not what the law or the Constitution says. We are a nation of laws, period. They want to preclude our rights with their morals and beliefs.
Fixed it for you. :)

Their campaign tactics are fear and panic based upon the ignorance of the ill informed. The Brady Campaign has been losing followers and backing at an enormous rate. Their leadership is desperately trying to reinvent themselves, but they are stuck with the same tired, trite tactics.

We have them on the ropes. Time to keep the pressure applied.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=39052&forum_id=54&jump_to=670305#p670305

Yata hey

cbtmedic

imported post

The Brady Campaign has put together a petition aimed with a purpose of changing starbucks mind. As far as I know, there is no petition with the purpose of supporting starbucks...to show them we are behind them. However, if you have a Facebook account please join the "Starbucks Open Carry support petition" group. It is a new group and we need more people that the Brady Campaigns petition.