• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Feb OC Dinner

Gras

imported post

Our OC Dinner for February will be on Saturday, February 20th at 6pm at the Chinese Gourmet Buffet located at 2386 N. Alma School Road, Chandler, AZ 85224.

The restaurant is on Alma School between Warner and Elliott on the West side of the street by Oasis Bedroom. Hope to see everyone there.***

Originally, we were slated to be in the East Valley for January's dinner, but we couldn't get the seats at the Cooper Golden Corral. My initial plan was to offer a slew of options as Vic did (awesome job and thanks again for January's dinner, Vic!) for February.

Since we were going to have an East Valley dinner in January, let's make that happen in February. I called and spoke to some Golden Corral folks, and as always, we were cordially invited to return and have our dinner with them. However, because of Valentine's day on Sunday the 14th, and a busy season through April (as per the managers with whom I spoke), things were going to be tough with regards to reservations.

I figured I would move a little outside of the box and got in touch with the management at Chinese Gourmet Buffet in Chandler. It took some talking and understanding about who we are and what/why we do what we do, but the manager quickly warmed up, and was very enthusiastic about having us (we even exchanged cell numbers and we got a discount to boot for all members in our group). Here's the information on Chinese Gourmet Buffett located at 2386 N. Alma School Road, Chandler, AZ 85224.

- All-you-can-eat Mongolian Stirfry and Barbeque - You make your own stirfry and they cook it up for you right there, along with other food that is available at the buffet.
- Full Salad Bar
- Seating - They are more than happy to reserve the back of the restaurant for us.
- Cost - Price is $10.49 per adult for all-you-can-eat (add a 10% discount for our group because they want to get to know us), free for kids under 3, and .70 cents per year for kids between 3 and 12. Hopefully we'll have lots of kids!
- Best Reason? - They are somewhere new for us, and we have an opportunity to branch out, show some new folks what a great group of folks we are, have some great fellowship over freshly made stirfry.
http://arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99107

Ltp0wer

imported post

Gras wrote:
Our OC Dinner for February will be on Saturday, February 20th at 6pm at the Chinese Gourmet Buffet located at 2386 N. Alma School Road, Chandler, AZ 85224.

The restaurant is on Alma School between Warner and Elliott on the West side of the street by Oasis Bedroom. Hope to see everyone there.***
Haha, I always pass that place and laugh at the "Chinese Gourmet" sign (because it's weird to me seeing "Chinese" and a french word right next to eachother).

But yeah, I think I might show up. I've always wanted to try that place.

GWbiker

imported post

Gras wrote:
Yea those tucson folks think they can regulate up here.

Regulate? No, but why not post your location here? You do so on the AZS, with over 1,110 posts.

Gras

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Gras wrote:

Regulate? No, but why not post your location here? You do so on the AZS, with over 1,110 posts.
Oh im just giviing you a hard time since you got all riled up whenn they started badmouthing tuucson over on azs.

GWbiker

imported post

Gras wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
Gras wrote:

Oh im just giviing you a hard time since you got all riled up whenn they started badmouthing tuucson over on azs.

Geeeez. How old are you?;)

Gras

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Gras wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
Gras wrote:

Geeeez. How old are you?;)
1/4 Century or halfway to 50, however you'd like to look at it.