• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Guns Allowed at Buddys Sports Bar

Reverend45Cal

imported post

Wife and I went out to eat last night, and after choose to go to a local sports bar here in Aloha on 185th and Farmington so my wife could try to play some video poker for a few mins and have a beer.

Buddys Sports Bar.

Now i have been to buddys many many times, mostly CC. But this night i was OC. no one seemed to notice at all. Then I went out to have a smoke. The owner was out have a smoke, and he looks at me and says "Bro, im going to have to ask you to cover that up, but please take that off, I dont allow guns in my bar. I said really? meanwhile another patron out there smoking fro Texas says "Isnt OC illegal anyways?" The bar owner looks at him and says "No not in Oregon, its up to the owner of a establishment. I was happy to know he at least knew the law. But as the convo goes a bit further, Seems the owner was shot at a bar he worked at in NY.

Anyways he asked me politely to please take it off. I nodded and said "i respect your rules, but I will not take it off. My wife and I are about done anyways. So out of respect i covered it up, went back in where my wife was ready to go anyways, finish the little bit of beer I had and left. Now the vibe i get from him is the "If i dont see it its not a issue" Sine he started the convo by asking if i can cover it up.

Anyways just a warning to locals, if you go in, if you would even go there at all now. Just make sure you are CC.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

That would beg the question: Should you voluntarily, at least temporarily, give up your ability to defend yourself if you decide to have a drink or two over a meal? What about everyday allergy medications? Carrying after a sleepless night?

I say no, but I can count my drinks each year on my fingers and a couple of toes. I would rather spend the money on practice ammo.

aadvark

imported post

Nope... if I were in Oregon, then, Buddy loses Business, but, then again, I am not in Oregon.

Reverend45Cal

imported post

I single beer and I weigh 250Lbs, you really think its going to affect me?

The point is he said he doesnt allow guns in his Bar.

BTW in oregon you can do this.

Elijah

imported post

You need to take a step back and think about what your doing! first and for most I understand the the idea and concept of open carry and i don't disagree with it. In fact I embrace it But, a bar is not the place for OPEN CARRY! Whats the problem with thrown your jacket over it for a few minutes while u have a drink and a meal?! I mean really?? people like you that are just trying to drive the point home rather then using it as a teaching tool!!:cuss:Damn You anyways!! People that are against the idea of oc use examples of people like to to combat the idea of oc. Think about the cause and affect and at-least take that into consideration. By putting your coat over it dose it really put u at a disadvantage? or you just trying to show off? I'm organizing an oc litter pick up in Eugene you are more then welcome to attend and hopefully you use it as education tool and not a chance to show how big your **** is!
Elijah

Reverend45Cal

imported post

I was out to dinner with my wife was out shopping with her before that, was OC ALL DAY. we went to Buddys for 20-30 mins for my wife to play Video Poker and that was pretty much it.

Why should i have to change what i been doing ALL day for someone else? The gun was out with no jacket on from the moment i walked in the door. Its not like i walked in with something covering it and then uncovered it. And the bar faces the front door with plain site of who comes and goes. I didnt have a Jacket with me since i had not needed one ALL DAY.

No one there complained, no one even glanced at it or made a comment. The only person to even notice was the owner 30 mins after I was already there.

So how is me OC there any different from where I went to dinner OC? Any different then where I shop for food OC. How is it any different when I walk my dog at night OC? I have been to a few bars OC and never had a issue with it, if it was a issue wouldn't there be a Law against it? How is a restaurant any different then a Bar? Most still sell alcohol, both have to have OLCC licenses.

Please explain how it is any different from the 10 other places i went that day OC Including the Liqueur store

Elijah

imported post

Look man, If your really that ignorant its really not open for debate!! Its just to bad that I and others have to explain the irresponsible actions of people such as you. It really is common since. I'm not saying that you don't have the right idea. but, I mean really? and your trying to justify it. Untill you can see the obvious I really don't think your gonna grasp the whole oc idea.

Oh yeah just to illustrate my point. Not even to touch the tip of the ice burg!!
You say you had no jacket but, on the other hand i quote "I COVERED IT UP" so its not unreasonable to believe you could have done this in the first place!!:cuss::banghead:
On another note. This is all obviously my personal opinion that I know isn't worth a damn but, sounds like you might do your fair share of drinking. I really don't want someone on my-side mixing guns and liquor or beer for that matter!! Just because you don't blow a .08 don't mean your not intoxicated! and i will leave it at that! not trying to be an a*s but i just cant help myself. I MEAN REALLY??????

"Police are minutes away when precious seconds matter"

Reverend45Cal

imported post

Yes i had to take my tucked dress shirts and untuck it to cover it up, looking like a slob. Buddys is a family establishment, kids can come in and eat. Its not a "Divebar" Adults only.

Having 1 beer is not going to make me take out my gun and kill people. Espec when drank in 30 mins. Drinking 16os of beer in 30 mins wouldnt even buzz most people.

I was sitting on the Family side, not in the Bar. Only my wife was on the bar side playing poker. Its no different then a sherrys.

I honestly didn't think about it, as i stated I been running around all day with it out and open and when going there just walked in like normal since I have eaten at this place many times before. I was respectful to his wishes, and next time ill go in with something to cover it.

Hope you dont get a nosebleed up there on your high horse.

turbodog

imported post

Reverend45Cal wrote:
I honestly didn't think about it, as i stated I been running around all day with it out and open and when going there just walked in like normal since I have eaten at this place many times before. I was respectful to his wishes, and next time ill go in with something to cover it.
The owner has the right to say no firearms. He asked politely, you responded politely.
While it wasn't a winning situation for you, by putting a calm and rational face on it, you handled in a way that makes it a win for OC in general. Well done.

Ok, so one has to cover up in there or take their money elsewhere. Not a problem seems to me. At least you guys get to carry in a bar.

On that though, I gotta say I believe to carry and drink is irresponsible. I don't see it as any sacrifice to not drink with a meal when I'm carrying, OC or CC. No worse than not smoking in a restaurant that bans that activity. Just my humble opinion anyway.

Reverend45Cal

imported post

Oh i full respect your opinion, If i was planning on a drinking night I would not have it, but as stated I was already running around from 9am till 9:30 PM when we got there, and the thought of leaving it in my car I do not like. But my plan was to go there, let my wife play video poker while we give the Babysitter a few more mins to put the baby down. I sat at a booth and sipped my 16oz beer in 30 mins.

When I have went to a bar and know there is a DD and im going to be truly drinking, sure i would leave it at home.

What Elijah doesnt seem to get is that, what you got. There was no pissyness on the owner or me, we talked about it, came to a conclusion and both of us acted like adults. He wasn't pissed at me, requested I do something in HIS bar, and i accept it. Shoot he even shook my hand and was totally cool about it.

kenf729

imported post

Reverend45Cal, I do know that carrying into any bar in Oregon is quite legel, I feel you did right and respected the owners opinion....

great job...

Ken

Ruger9mm

imported post

When posting or replying to a post keep in mind that this site is also read by those opposed to ALL carry of firearms. Let's try not to give them anything to use against us. If you don't agree with where someone is carrying send them a PM.

Just my $0.02

Reverend45Cal

imported post

Thank you Ken. I didn't start spouting 2nd rights, i respected him, he respected me, and he knew the law. IMHO it was a good touch of base with someone and a great confrontation. It went smooth and easy. Both parties happy. Dont we wish they all were like that.