• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Water Street Walkabout.

45 ACP rocks

imported post

OK, I vote for Coo Coo's as an anchor spot (I make a good anchor). Besides, I like the name .... it's kinda the way I am most of the time.

odesskiy

imported post

I think I'll finally be able to make it to an OC event! I live in Henderson, so I have no excuse not to show up :) Looking forward to meeting you guys.

P.S.

Just read the response from HPD and boy, was I surprised. I've heard HPD wasn't exactly friendly to armed citizens. I'm glad it's not true.

greengum

imported post

Looks like I will be bringing my little sister and her friend from Kalifornia to tag along. This will be her second public OC meetup! So a tip to you guys on the fence about showing up, if a 16 year old has gone to more meet ups then you, you fail! :p

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just a heads up, I may not be going tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty bad tonight, headache, sore throat, in fact I can barely speak. Been in bed all day, and probably going back to bed now.

Tim

The Big Guy

imported post

Sickness all around I guess. Got kids that are sick too. I might suggest whoever can get there tomorrow do so, but we may think about a future Water Street meetup. Several times a year there are events where the street is closed off and there are a lot of people attending. The classic car shows for one. Not only would it be a good time for a meetup to encounter lots of people, but the showsare a lot of fun too. They usually have some pretty good live bands then. Just a thought.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to inform you of an excursion, which a few friends and I plan to, embark on in your City. A common thread that exists among my friends, is the fact that we all lawfully Open Carry are (OUR)firearms, and we all feel it is important that we are an asset to the community.

We are not asking permission, or applying for a permit; simply put we are giving this notice as a courtesy. This will take place the weekend of Feb. 20-21

We have had great experiences with North Las Vegas, and METRO, with no problems. METRO has developed an Officer training program, which could prove helpful, should your City choose to implement it.

We expect our water street walk to go off without a hitch. However should you have concerns, please feel free to contact me.

doninvegas

imported post

Well that was a reallllly nice walk about...cool gun store also..:celebrate
I know we discussed the next one but i dident hear ware it was going to be...

Great bunch of guys....

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Vegas Rick wrote:
I'll be there.
Well, almost there. I was on the wrong side of the ocean -- sat at the corner of Atlantic instead of Pacific.

Not surprisingly, I didn't see anybody so at 10:20 I went into the El Dorado looking for a craps game. Found out they don't open their table games until 2:00.

On the way out, I got trespassed; no need to test the waters at the El Dorado. Two security stopped me at the exit, saying I couldn't bring in a gun. I was tempted to say I was just taking it OUT, but settled for commenting (with a smile), "Oh, so you don't want my business?" Guy says, "We want your business, but not your gun." I say (still smiling and playing nice), "Sorry, the gun and I always go together. Have a nice day."

Sorry I missed you all, but after all it's hard to get good seniors, right?

The Big Guy

imported post

The gathering was at the corner of Atlantic and Water. Right accross the street from the El Dorado. I was there about 10:10 and there was a bunch gathered in front of the cafe. I think everyone had a good time.