Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: My First OC Experience!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Menomonie, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    I finally did it. After a long time of trying to talk myself into open carry, I did it. I went to a local grocery store here in Menomonie. When I first walked in there was a lady who was shopping who did a double take. Other than that no one even looked different or said anything. I probably was only there for ten minutes, but I am so glad that I did.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318

    Post imported post

    Congratulations. It gets easier the more you carry.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  3. #3
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Onalaska, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    155

    Post imported post

    junkie:

    WELCOME! Glad to see yet another OC advocate and participant.

    I encourage you to read this thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27414.html

    You can find a pamphlet regarding Wisconsin gun rights attached to the last post here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=57

    On January 8, 2010 Wisconsin Carry, Inc. filed a federal lawsuit against the State of Wisconsin to overturn the Gun Free School Zone Act. If you haven't already, I encourage you to join Wisconsin Carry, Inc. A $15 donation will go a long way towards supporting the lawsuit. http://www.wisconsincarry.org

    Read up, Load up, Holster up, then

    Carry On

    Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    http://www.WisconsinCarry.org
    Hubert@WisconsinCarry.org
    Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Disclaimer: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran logan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    Congrats! :celebrate And welcome to the forum



    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. wrote:
    You can find a pamphlet regarding Wisconsin gun rights attached to the last post here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=57
    I almost want to go post there so you can no longer say "attached the to last post" lol.

    You can just link right to it if you want: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=8193


    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

    Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

  5. #5
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    Post imported post

    Good Job. It gets easier. It might even get boring. Three times know, I forgot that I am OCing and started to get into my truck. Oooops. I don't OC for the drama, but I was expecting some, but did not. What I like most is the conversations with others about it and to see the exceitement to begin to OC in their faces. The numbers are growing. We may be a minority, but we have a loud voice when we stand together.

    If I ever get over to Me No Money (sorry, i could not resist) I will PM you. If you will be coming toOoooh Claire, just PM me and I may join you. I would love to see the blue shirts in Best Buy scurry around to help two of us at once.

    CARRY ON!

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    junkie wrote:
    I finally did it. After a long time of trying to talk myself into open carry, I did it. I went to a local grocery store here in Menomonie. When I first walked in there was a lady who was shopping who did a double take. Other than that no one even looked different or said anything. I probably was only there for ten minutes, but I am so glad that I did.
    It's kind of exciting the first few times one OC's at a store, etc....but then it's just Normal, like when your at the pistol range. Welcome to the forum !!
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185

    Post imported post

    I started carrying recently around my neighborhood, but getting strapped to push a shopping cart in WallyWorld doesn't quite get it for me. I guess the only reason would be to make a statement...

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    62

    Post imported post

    Spartacus wrote:
    I started carrying recently around my neighborhood, but getting strapped to push a shopping cart in WallyWorld doesn't quite get it for me. I guess the only reason would be to make a statement...
    Certainly not the only reason; everyone likely has their own.

    But for me, working 2nd shift, when my wife and I get off work we head out to shop at Wally World, there's often times a group of hoodlums lurking around the parking lot. I will always carry at night at these 24 hr stores. During the day, I usually leave it in my truck. But like I said, everyone's different, and it'd be ignorant for to say that the only reason is to make a statement...

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    Post imported post

    Spartacus wrote:
    I started carrying recently around my neighborhood, but getting strapped to push a shopping cart in WallyWorld doesn't quite get it for me. I guess the only reason would be to make a statement...
    And when the "goblin" comes, what statement will that make?

    I hope I NEVER need to use it, just like the fire extinguisher in my kitchen. I have a wife and kids who depend on me.

    My point here, is that I carry to protect me and mine. If I happen to be able to provide education as a secondary to tertiary result all the better.

    As the site here says, "A right exercised is a right lost."

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185

    Post imported post

    bnhcomputing wrote:
    Spartacus wrote:
    I started carrying recently around my neighborhood, but getting strapped to push a shopping cart in WallyWorld doesn't quite get it for me. I guess the only reason would be to make a statement...
    And when the "goblin" comes, what statement will that make?
    I never seen no goblins in Walmart... just sayin'.

    I do however understand raising public awareness which is why I am starting to carry in my neighborhood and talking to the people who know me already as opposed to strangers with shopping carts who probably think I'm some kind of kook or criminal.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    Post imported post

    Just go back through the last year. Robberies. muggings, and don't forget the woman who had her purse snatched in the K-Mart parking lot.

    That would meet my definition of a goblin.



  12. #12
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925

    Post imported post

    Spartacus wrote:
    bnhcomputing wrote:
    Spartacus wrote:
    I started carrying recently around my neighborhood, but getting strapped to push a shopping cart in WallyWorld doesn't quite get it for me. I guess the only reason would be to make a statement...
    And when the "goblin" comes, what statement will that make?
    I never seen no goblins in Walmart... just sayin'.

    I do however understand raising public awareness which is why I am starting to carry in my neighborhood and talking to the people who know me already as opposed to strangers with shopping carts who probably think I'm some kind of kook or criminal.
    If you "never seen no goblins" in Walmart, You ain't been lookin' Recent stats from interviews of incarcerated individuals indicates 1 in every 15 humans in wally World are carrying at any given time. Roughly 15% of any population is a criminal of one kind or another. Many of them violent.

    In La Crosse, that means about 13000 goblins of one kind or another. My bet is you are wearing rose colored glasses. If one in 15 are carrying concealed, that means that you have probably bumped shoulders with one or two or more in Walmart. In La Crosse, it comes out to about 900 concealed carriers. Criminal concealed carriers.

    These figures may be skewed do the the influx of foreign nationals; here without proper legal status, pouring in from across boarders. 2o,ooo,ooo or so at last count.

    I'm guessing most here on this forum carry because they desire to defend themselves, their family and innocent people. They believe it is better to live on your feet than die on your knees. They believe that if they do not carry, their right to carry will be trampled on and kicked to the curb. They are standing tall for the rest who are not willing or able to stand up for themselves.

    Sure it is a pain to deal with the absurd and asinine laws put in place by a liberal/progressive (cowardly) government. That will come to an end in the next election cycle.

    Not for an adrenalin rush. I like the feeling of being able to defend myself. I'm a big guy and in my younger days, I may have thrown a punch or two. All my fights were very short and to the point. Now-a-days, I am bit older, Ok, a lot older and the only punch I've thrown in a good many years is at a bag at the gym.

    If God made man, Sam Colt made him equal, more or less.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

    http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011

    Post imported post

    Amen to that Hardballer,

    Now if I can only fight back this urge to plop down on the couch and watch "The Shootist" on DVD, I might be able to get some work done today!!!
    Bale da Hay

    "Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"


    Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

    Havamal (Bellows translation)

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185

    Post imported post

    hardballer wrote:
    If you "never seen no goblins" in Walmart, You ain't been lookin' Recent stats from interviews of incarcerated individuals indicates 1 in every 15 humans in wally World are carrying at any given time. Roughly 15% of any population is a criminal of one kind or another. Many of them violent.

    In La Crosse, that means about 13000 goblins of one kind or another. My bet is you are wearing rose colored glasses. If one in 15 are carrying concealed, that means that you have probably bumped shoulders with one or two or more in Walmart. In La Crosse, it comes out to about 900 concealed carriers. Criminal concealed carriers.

    These figures may be skewed do the the influx of foreign nationals; here without proper legal status, pouring in from across boarders. 2o,ooo,ooo or so at last count.

    I'm guessing most here on this forum carry because they desire to defend themselves, their family and innocent people. They believe it is better to live on your feet than die on your knees. They believe that if they do not carry, their right to carry will be trampled on and kicked to the curb. They are standing tall for the rest who are not willing or able to stand up for themselves.

    Sure it is a pain to deal with the absurd and asinine laws put in place by a liberal/progressive (cowardly) government. That will come to an end in the next election cycle.

    Not for an adrenalin rush. I like the feeling of being able to defend myself. I'm a big guy and in my younger days, I may have thrown a punch or two. All my fights were very short and to the point. Now-a-days, I am bit older, Ok, a lot older and the only punch I've thrown in a good many years is at a bag at the gym.

    If God made man, Sam Colt made him equal, more or less.
    I hear you HB, but the stats you mention in your first paragraph are a bit sketchy. Hell it doesn't take hardly anything to serve time or even be found guilty of a felony anymore so I would have to divide all your numbers at least by half to differentiate between truly "dangerous" goblins, "wannabe" gangsta-goblins that act all tough, or usta-be goblins that have gone straight.

    What happens when one of you guys gets bopped on the head from behind in a WallyWorld parking lot and the goblin steals your wallet and OC gun? A 500 dollar pistol is surely a temptation for any self-respecting goblin.

  15. #15
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    Post imported post

    Spartacus wrote:
    What happens when one of you guys gets bopped on the head from behind in a WallyWorld parking lot and the goblin steals your wallet and OC gun? A 500 dollar pistol is surely a temptation for any self-respecting goblin.
    For me, It would be more likely for that to happen in the bathroom. The parking lot is where my situational awareness is peeked. As part of my defense strategy, I park a bit farther away where there are no vehicles close enough for someone to close the distance between the time that I begin to exit the vehicle and I am loaded and holstered.

    When leaving the store, I use several tatics to create distance between mysself and others. I remain holstered until my family and purshcased goods are in the vehicle. Then it takes me a matter of seconds tounholster, unload and encase and be in the dirvers seat with all the doors locked. And I do not begin to disarm until I have assessed the area and feel it is safe to to do so.

    Also, as part of defense strategy, I carry my holster about the 1:30 postiton for better weapon retention. Just like the two ladies on the right side of the picture above. But mine is on a belt, not shoved into my pants.

    To add to my opening line, I as part of my defense strategy, I longer use urinals. I now use a toilet stall to urinate.If I have to take a dump, I remove my gun from the holster and setit on the toilet paper dispensor. IF you are wondering why, imagine what it would be like for someone to grab your gun from under the stall and pull on it while you are defacting with your pantsaround your ankles. That would be a very vulnerable position.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    Post imported post

    Spartacus wrote:
    What happens when one of you guys gets bopped on the head from behind in a WallyWorld parking lot and the goblin steals your wallet and OC gun? A 500 dollar pistol is surely a temptation for any self-respecting goblin.
    The same thing that happens when a CC gets bopped, we become a victim.

    The difference is, 99% of all criminals are cowards, so when they see you/me/us OC, they choose a different weaker target.

    If you choose not to OC when you go to town, I support your decision but read "The Open Carry Argument" found here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/28643.html


  17. #17
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197

    Post imported post

    What happens when one of you guys gets bopped on the head from behind in a WallyWorld parking lot and the goblin steals your wallet and OC gun? A 500 dollar pistol is surely a temptation for any self-respecting goblin.
    Shall we never go in public wearing an expensive watch because of what a criminal might do?

    Shall we never allow our girlfriends and wives to go out in public with expensive jewelery because of what a criminal might do?

    Shall we live in fear of allowing our girlfriends and wives to go out in public at all because their "anatomy" provides a temptation for "goblins"?

    Shall we drive beat up old cars that have little or no value so that no "temptation" exists for "self-respecting goblins" to car-jack us?

    We don't acquiesce our freedom to the government... We shouldn't acquiesce it to criminals.

    The suggestions that we would be "disarmed" is a hypothetical that has never been shown a legitimate reality.

    Why don't police get clubbed over the head and their $500 gun's stolen?

    This is not to say it could "never" happen, but the reality is that a criminal wants an easy target and it makes no sense that you'd be targeted for your OC piece.

    Would a criminal be able to disarm you in a public place AND get away without dozens of people seeing. Will the criminal be able to get your gun AND get away from you? Snatching a gun from a holster is not an easy task. A criminal would have to be willing to grab it AND willing to use it in order to get away. Murdering or assaulting someone is a tall order JUST to get one's hands on a handgun.

    Lastly, what are the odds of a "goblin" being SO obsessed with obtaining a firearm that the mere observance of one on the hip of a law-abiding citizen drove him to an unrelenting urge to grab it... What are the odds that kind of person doesn't already have a gun and doesn't need yours any more than he needs your watch, your wife's diamond ring, or your $30,000 car.

    The benefit to be had of OC'ing to protect one's self from the reality of ALL the legitimate and documented threats TO a person who might be walking to their car from Wal-Mart far exceeds the risk of the hypothetical undocumented myth of a lawful oc'er being randomly targeted and disarmed for his gun.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    the only good goblin is a dead goblin.....oh crap , they are already dead....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  19. #19
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925

    Post imported post

    Spartacus wrote:
    I hear you HB, but the stats you mention in your first paragraph are a bit sketchy. Hell it doesn't take hardly anything to serve time or even be found guilty of a felony anymore so I would have to divide all your numbers at least by half to differentiate between truly "dangerous" goblins, "wannabe" gangsta-goblins that act all tough, or usta-be goblins that have gone straight.

    What happens when one of you guys gets bopped on the head from behind in a WallyWorld parking lot and the goblin steals your wallet and OC gun? A 500 dollar pistol is surely a temptation for any self-respecting goblin.
    First, saying the stats are wrong or inaccurate doesn't negate the fact that they do exist. The numbers I quoted are from several years ago, fast forward to today. What do you think has happened, More church goers? Goblins turning in their guns to be come preachers? Maybe de-worming orphans in Somalia?:shock:

    The fact remains that outside the stats, there are bad guys, evil doers, A-Holes; if you will, abound. If you are scared that one will attack you and take your gun, what do you think he will do if you don't have your gun. :what:

    Maybe just assault you and take your stuff anyway? Could go another way though, couldn't it? Seriously, if you are afraid to carry in a Walmart, because a big bad Goblin may target you in the parking lot, maybe carry just isn't your thing. At least you can carry at home for when the come to get you. Oh, and of course be supporting to those who do. :celebrate Yeah, That's right.


    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

    http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011

    Post imported post

    Spartacus wrote:
    hardballer wrote:
    If you "never seen no goblins" in Walmart, You ain't been lookin' Recent stats from interviews of incarcerated individuals indicates 1 in every 15 humans in wally World are carrying at any given time. Roughly 15% of any population is a criminal of one kind or another. Many of them violent.

    In La Crosse, that means about 13000 goblins of one kind or another. My bet is you are wearing rose colored glasses. If one in 15 are carrying concealed, that means that you have probably bumped shoulders with one or two or more in Walmart. In La Crosse, it comes out to about 900 concealed carriers. Criminal concealed carriers.

    These figures may be skewed do the the influx of foreign nationals; here without proper legal status, pouring in from across boarders. 2o,ooo,ooo or so at last count.

    I'm guessing most here on this forum carry because they desire to defend themselves, their family and innocent people. They believe it is better to live on your feet than die on your knees. They believe that if they do not carry, their right to carry will be trampled on and kicked to the curb. They are standing tall for the rest who are not willing or able to stand up for themselves.

    Sure it is a pain to deal with the absurd and asinine laws put in place by a liberal/progressive (cowardly) government. That will come to an end in the next election cycle.

    Not for an adrenalin rush. I like the feeling of being able to defend myself. I'm a big guy and in my younger days, I may have thrown a punch or two. All my fights were very short and to the point. Now-a-days, I am bit older, Ok, a lot older and the only punch I've thrown in a good many years is at a bag at the gym.

    If God made man, Sam Colt made him equal, more or less.
    I hear you HB, but the stats you mention in your first paragraph are a bit sketchy. Hell it doesn't take hardly anything to serve time or even be found guilty of a felony anymore so I would have to divide all your numbers at least by half to differentiate between truly "dangerous" goblins, "wannabe" gangsta-goblins that act all tough, or usta-be goblins that have gone straight.

    What happens when one of you guys gets bopped on the head from behind in a WallyWorld parking lot and the goblin steals your wallet and OC gun? A 500 dollar pistol is surely a temptation for any self-respecting goblin.
    500 dollar pistola??? What... are you just tallying up the ammo costs? Maybe if you bought something more than a Saturday night special, you wouldn't let some little gangsta get close let alone grab; your gun.

    Say hello to Sarah Brady for us...but her husband still has a hole in his head; mostly due to the fact that he wasn't armed when "The Goblin" came a calling!!!
    Bale da Hay

    "Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"


    Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

    Havamal (Bellows translation)

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185

    Post imported post

    Lurchiron wrote:
    Say hello to Sarah Brady for us...but her husband still has a hole in his head; mostly due to the fact that he wasn't armed when "The Goblin" came a calling!!!
    You are not paying attention. I never said I wasn't going about unarmed. I CC when I'm out and about, and OC in my own neighborhood where I am known and can explain the legal situation to people who know me and are interested in learning the truth about OC, not wandering around in stores among strangers. In any case I'm more than able to handle goblins of any size or variety.

    Anybody here OC in ToysRus? Probably more goblins there than WallyWorld and you could surely make a hell of a statement.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839

    Post imported post

    Lurchiron wrote:
    Say hello to Sarah Brady for us...but her husband still has a hole in his head; mostly due to the fact that he wasn't armed when "The Goblin" came a calling!!!
    Someone is perspective deficient andneeds a dose of reality......:?

    You can be open carrying with a firearm in your hand and if someone "draws" and fires first,the bullet will strikeyou before you can return fire. There were plenty of armed individuals within arms reach of Brady.

    Carrying a weapon does not make you bulletproof. If an assasin chooses you for their target, you will become living (perhaps not for long) ballistic media.

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    Post imported post

    Spartacus wrote:
    Anybody here OC in ToysRus? Probably more goblins there than WallyWorld and you could surely make a hell of a statement.
    YEP, been there done that. We were looking for a wii controller before Christmas. Nobody noticed, nobody cared.

    As for CC, the law says it is illegal and I will follow the law.

    Either way, I would still be more than happy to meet up with for a breakfast/lunch/dinner sometime.



  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185

    Post imported post

    bnhcomputing wrote:
    Either way, I would still be more than happy to meet up with for a breakfast/lunch/dinner sometime.
    Sounds good...

  25. #25
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011

    Post imported post

    Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    Lurchiron wrote:
    Say hello to Sarah Brady for us...but her husband still has a hole in his head; mostly due to the fact that he wasn't armed when "The Goblin" came a calling!!!
    Someone is perspective deficient andneeds a dose of reality......:?

    You can be open carrying with a firearm in your hand and if someone "draws" and fires first,the bullet will strikeyou before you can return fire. There were plenty of armed individuals within arms reach of Brady.

    Carrying a weapon does not make you bulletproof. If an assasin chooses you for their target, you will become living (perhaps not for long) ballistic media.
    Then perhaps you should leave your gunat home next time you go to work...just to prove your point.

    Fact of the matter is that one of your doughnut-eaters wasn't doing their job the day Brady was shot. My bet is theofficer who ended up lying next to Brady was watching the show, instead of scanning the crowd.
    Bale da Hay

    "Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"


    Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

    Havamal (Bellows translation)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •