• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Short Confrontation

OPS MARINE

imported post

Right this very minute, I am at a party in Marina, CA. Among several others here, I was parked in an illegal manner. At some point, the police were called, and they responded to begin citing vehicles. When I went out to move mine, I told the Officer that I was approaching and that I was armed. He said alright, and asked me why. I told him I was OCing. He asked me if I was clear and that was the end of that. Another Officer arrived, and we had a short conversation about the vehicles. Everyone in question moved, and the police left.

When I walked back up the street, the VERY angry neighbor across the street confronted me with inflammatory words. Mind you, I am still in my tie and weapon setup. The police didn't so much as bat an eye. He said he was going to call them right back over here because they didn't give me a ticket and that was bullsh**. I refused to engage him, and he jumped on the phone.

For the last hour now, he has been walking back and forth in front of his house, checking various vehicles. He'd better not touch mine. He keeps eyeballing us. We are not speaking to him, but there are 35 of us here. He's on the phone now, calling the police again. Update later. This guy is an anus.

chewy352

imported post

Just keep your cool and keep your head on a swivel. good luck. Personally I would either just go inside or leave to avoid the situation but it's your call.

SouthBayr

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Just keep your cool and keep your head on a swivel. good luck. Personally I would either just go inside or leave to avoid the situation but it's your call.
Agreed. Who knows what he'l say. I'd be worried about him saying he pointed that thing at me.

coolusername2007

imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
chewy352 wrote:
Agreed. Who knows what he'l say. I'd be worried about him saying he pointed that thing at me.
With 35 witnesses, I don't think there's anything to worry about. But go ahead and take lots of flash photography of him so he knows he's being watched too. Then just ignore him.

coolusername2007

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Order a pizza and have it delivered as a gift! Be polite, courteous and take the high road!

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
Yeah, that's a great idea. But fair warning,that may encourage future bad behavior. :cool: I know I would do it again iffree pizza was on the line.

OPS MARINE

imported post

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

He called the police again. It is 2152 now, and I am home. It is about a 15 minute drive from Marina to here. When the police arrived at 2115, I was inside. When I walked outside to get to the vehicle, I had to walk past them to do so. I noticed they were two different Officers.

They glanced, didn't say anything, and I did not get involved. He started spouting something like "See him? See him?" And I didn't hear the Officers respond. I got into the vehicle and left.

I made sure to lock the weapon up because I knew I was going to pass a school upon egress from the area. 1,500 feet later...you know the deal.

All is well.