• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Events

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

I OC most of the time and I would like to know if any OC events are planed? I live in West COBB but I will travel to an OC events....... Also I would like to start something on my side of time, basically having an OC lunch, meeting at star bucks,etc....etc...

aadvark

imported post

Make your own event... carry in Marietta, Acworth, Smyrna, Austell, Powder Springs, Vinings, and Kennesaw.

Also, carry in Mableton, Fair Oaks, and The Town Center Area.

Just watch out for Public Gatherings, per Georgia Code 16-11-127, and 16-11-127.1 (Remember the 1000 foot rule as it pertains to Schools!).

Cobb County, and all of its Political Subdivisions are Preempted, per Georgia Law 16-11-173(b)(1)!

Cobb County Officials need to understand not everyone with a Gun is bad!

Also, try to convience Cobb County, andevery Local Government mentioned above (less Kennesaw), to adapt a mandatory Gun Ownership Law, per Georgia Code 16-11-173(d).

If you REALLY want to make apoint of it, Carry a Long-gun or otherhand-held Weapon in Public, as noGeorgia Firearms License is needed for those items, per Georgia Code 16-11-126.

Tolderian

imported post

I don't know if it's SB308 or what... but it seems like the cowards are en mass as of late. I'm getting the cops called on me at places I eat, I've got grown men with their tail between their legs running to managers at Publix... this is sickening!

Nothing like being discriminated against because I exercise my rights as a citizen with intestinal fortitude.

Seriously... we need to hold some events, especially here in Columbus. I don't think I've ever seen anyone that wasn't an officer open carry besides myself.

I say we grab a bite to eat at my favorite restaurant some time. I visit the El Carrizo Mexican Restaurant on Macon Rd. and they welcome me there as a frequent customer.

If it's on my lunch break though I can't carry because I work at Columbus State University where the president openly advised everyone to vote against SB308 because it will violate the sanctity of the university by allowing ANYONE with a weapon onto campus.

*gag*... what happened to America? It's full of crap that poses as Americans.

Possmo

imported post

Tolderian wrote:
I don't know if it's SB308 or what... but it seems like the cowards are en mass as of late. I'm getting the cops called on me at places I eat, I've got grown men with their tail between their legs running to managers at Publix... this is sickening!

Nothing like being discriminated against because I exercise my rights as a citizen with intestinal fortitude.

Seriously... we need to hold some events, especially here in Columbus. I don't think I've ever seen anyone that wasn't an officer open carry besides myself.

I say we grab a bite to eat at my favorite restaurant some time. I visit the El Carrizo Mexican Restaurant on Macon Rd. and they welcome me there as a frequent customer.

If it's on my lunch break though I can't carry because I work at Columbus State University where the president openly advised everyone to vote against SB308 because it will violate the sanctity of the university by allowing ANYONE with a weapon onto campus.

*gag*... what happened to America? It's full of crap that poses as Americans.
I was here researching the clarification of public gatherings and saw your post. I live in Columbus and I'm all for an open carry event.

Tolderian

imported post

Sweet!

Public gatherings are tricky business man. Basically, depending on how biased, racist, sexist, or whatever your judge is... he/she can read into it however he or she wants. Thanks Jim Crow laws.

But here's my logic since laws are based on precedent. Since the fellow was cleared of charges when he open carried into McDonald's, that would indicate to me that ALL privately owned places of business are not places of public gathering.

To go a step further, the movie theater... it is not a place of public gathering in my eyes given that a public gathering is where several people, not necessarily acquainted with one another, would go specifically to share in a purpose or an ideal. Movies are where people go, independently of one another or with a few friends, to enjoy something on an individual basis. It's not like you're turning to a stranger and KNOWING they won't get mad when you say "Isn't this awesome?!" Like you would at an Open Carry rally.

I hear tale that a judge said an individual concealing a firearm... because they are concealing it, has the intention of committing a crime (to justify the police giving people a hard time because they're bored). By that logic... I shouldn't be given a hard time, as a licensed carrier, to OPEN CARRY my firearm as an indication that I have no intent to commit a crime, but that I obey the law.

I remember, at one point, I thought you didn't have to have a license to Open Carry but from what I can tell on Georgia Gun Laws in Plain English... you can't carry at all without a license so... oh well.

Tolderian

imported post

I was just there tonight. Great people that work there... had an interesting and uneventful run in with some customers. A couple of women, one said "You don't need that" and as they were walking by to exit one said "just stare" but I completely ignored them. What's good out of that, is that I was educating another individual about Open Carry rights. He brought attention to the pistol, but seemed genuinely interested in the legalities.

The next time I'm free will be Friday the 30th or May 1st (Friday and Saturday) if anyone wants to grab some eats there... or feel free to give me any weekend after that.

We can, of course, get something on the 26th or 28th (Mon and Wed) after 5:00pm.

[Sorry, my schedule is screwy]

Oooorr send me some potential times and we'll work something out. Either way is great.

Just let me know and we can get together. I really look forward to it.

El Carrizo Mexican‎ Restaurant
3747 Macon Road, Columbus, GA 31907-2203
(706) 653-2120‎

open4years

imported post

Why doesn't some web page making genious make a page that lists all OC outings in the USA? I've heard of a group, in my town, that meet for lunch but I have no idea how to find them. Such a site would unite us and promote OC.

Campeck1911

imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
I OC most of the time and I would like to know if any OC events are planed? I live in West COBB but I will travel to an OC events....... Also I would like to start something on my side of time, basically having an OC lunch, meeting at star bucks,etc....etc...

Hey another powder springer! I'm in P-town as well and started carrying due to the complete shit the neighborhoods have turned into around here. I am down for meeting up with other OC'ers!

groats

imported post

Erm... there were 5 of us openly carrying today at lunch.
4 of 'em were Ga. State Patrol.
1 was me.

Some words were exchanged:
"Hi, how're you?"
"Fine thanks!"

That's all, folks.