• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A suggestion on a SB meet

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

I was thinking, the meets lately have been mostly up in the EB area like WC, LVRMR, etc.

I'm a member of an informalshooting club here in San Joseconsisting of about 15 to 20 members. We shoot, or try to shoot at least once a month. We were scheduled to shoot today at the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club. However, due to inclement weather it has been postponed for later this month. Most of us are not too aware of the OC movement. I have brought it up on a couple of occasions and the consensus is that all support this movement. So saying that, and having no experience in having met at a specific place with OC weapons, is there someone in the SJ area that could scout a location, that is go to the owner/manager and explain the 2a and that some individuals would like to patronize their establishment for either some drinking (coffee) or some grinds (Hawaiian for "eats") If the owner/manager has no problem with a meet, that information could be relayed to me and I could then advice the group so that we can meet there either before or after the shoot. We'd prefer, ofcourse, thatthe establishmentbe nottoo far out of our way to the range. Lately we have been using Metcalf but would like to try other ranges just for variety. Anyone willing to act as a scout and feel out the place first? Please advice the owner/manager that no notice to media will be made and that we simply want to go to eat or drink and have a little fun. We have guys and gals, young and old, different ethnic backgrounds and all decent law-abiding citizens. What say ye?

Thanks!

Army

imported post

People in the know, ask all to hold off on UOC at this time. Legal challenges in front of SCOTUS will hold the key to incorporation of the 2ndA into the California Constitution. The ruling should be published in July.

WE DO NOT HAVE 2ndA PROTECTION HERE. THAT ARGUMENT HAS NO LEGAL STANDING IN THIS STATE!! That cannot be emphasized enough.

There are many dangerous hurdles to UOC: Ignorant LEO's, GFSZ's, inevitable "man with a gun" calls, etc.. Each can and will have you in cuffs and possibly stuffed. Been there, done that, did not get a T-shirt.

If you must, please carry as a group. Logistics of detaining or arresting a dozen people is usually too much for most LE Depts, and is actually less intimidating to the public. Be sure to print many copies of the carry pamphlet to hand out to the curious.

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Agreed on the travel in groups. This makes it obvious that you are demonstrating and should take some heat off.

News of e-stops that have made it to the news make it look like you are on the shady side as the bits never include friendly conversations with the officers.