• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Near Hall Rd and North Ave

DanM

imported post

JamesIan wrote:
OMG! I work with this guy. His desk is right next to mine.

The only guy identifiedin the articleis "self-employed and worked at home on his computer, relatives said". Could you be a little more clear, or are you saying you worknext to this guy at his house?

jcu27

imported post

Please as the family of the man who was shot we ask that you stop the postings of this topic its hard enough without the opnions of everyone else thank you

mel5051

imported post

DanM wrote:
JamesIan wrote:
OMG! I work with this guy. His desk is right next to mine.

The only guy identifiedin the articleis "self-employed and worked at home on his computer, relatives said". Could you be a little more clear, or are you saying you worknext to this guy at his house?
Well no, actually "Witnesses said the suspect, who is from Detroit and works as a planner for DTE Energy" was identified also.

JamesIan

imported post

Mr "Kilometers" is someone I would trust with a firearm around my family. I think the news may have their perp/victim equation the wrong way around. To be fair, I know very little, but have heard much more than the stories let on.

G

imported post

jcu27 wrote:
Please as the family of the man who was shot we ask that you stop the postings of this topic its hard enough without the opnions of everyone else thank you
I agree. Please show some compassion for the enraged assailant that initiated the violent attack on the victim.

After all, if the victim hadn't been so inconsiderate of the assailant as to enrage him by his driving mannerisms, the assailant and his companions would not have found it necessary to attack the victim.

It's the victim's fault for upsetting the assailant to the point that it became necessary to assault and batter the victim in such a manner that the victim feared for the life of himself and his children. He, the victim, should have known better.

Now the assailant's family has to deal with the grief of the loss of their kind relative who had only once before assaulted someone with intent to murder. It's not like he did this sort of thing very often.

Bailenforcer

imported post

jcu27 wrote:
Large annoying letters does not make a point except you are trying to be annoying. in the internet this is called YELLING!

If you are one of his family member I suggest you call the Macomb Daily and tell them to quit reporting on the matter ASAP!

If you are a family member I suggest you quit reading the first amendment postings of people who choose to excercise their rights here.

If you are a family member then I also suggest going to another site where you won't be annoyed by us.

I see you just now today joined this site to supress the right of free speech of others. Nice move.

Your credibility = 0
Free specch =1

you loose.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
jcu27 wrote:
I agree. Please show some compassion for the enraged assailant that initiated the violent attack on the victim.

After all, if the victim hadn't been so inconsiderate of the assailant as to enrage him by his driving mannerisms, the assailant and his companions would not have found it necessary to attack the victim.

It's the victim's fault for upsetting the assailant to the point that it became necessary to assault and batter the victim in such a manner that the victim feared for the life of himself and his children. He, the victim, should have known better.

Now the assailant's family has to deal with the grief of the loss of their kind relative who had only once before assaulted someone with intent to murder. It's not like he did this sort of thing very often.

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
jcu27 wrote:

Hey now. This isn't funny. The saddest part of this whole incident is that the two other assailants got away.

Sounds like the victim exercised the Mozambique drill...

Double tap to the center of mass and one to the forehead.

autosurgeon

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
jcu27 wrote:

Hey now. This isn't funny. The saddest part of this whole incident is that the two other assailants got away.

Sounds like the victim exercised the Mozambique drill...

Double tap to the center of mass and one to the forehead.
That was my thought as well :exclaim:

RifleGuy

imported post

I do love how the media portrays the "victim"... loving father, great guy, heart of gold, etc.

If the loving father, great guy with a heart of gold had stayed in his vehicle instead of assaulting the "evil gun-toter" he would have gone to the birthday party and home to his family as he ought to.

How do we handle road-ragers kids? That's right; we call the cops and let them handle things. When you are entering another persons vehicle to punch them in the face, even if they deserve it, you are now the criminal and might reap the consequences.

My heart goes out to the family who suffered loss, but so to my heart goes out to the man who had to shoot to defend himself in the presence of his children.

No winners in this one.

EM87

imported post

RifleGuy wrote:
I do love how the media portrays the "victim"... loving father, great guy, heart of gold, etc.

If the loving father, great guy with a heart of gold had stayed in his vehicle instead of assaulting the "evil gun-toter" he would have gone to the birthday party and home to his family as he ought to.

How do we handle road-ragers kids? That's right; we call the cops and let them handle things. When you are entering another persons vehicle to punch them in the face, even if they deserve it, you are now the criminal and might reap the consequences.

My heart goes out to the family who suffered loss, but so to my heart goes out to the man who had to shoot to defend himself in the presence of his children.

No winners in this one.

It is unfortunate.

Welcome to the forum.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

"He was unarmed ...
I guess he should have armed himself before picking a fight with a guy driving down the road with his children.

If he had a "heart of gold" why was he outside his vehicle? To helpa duck cross the road? or to threaten another motorist?

His name was Anton and his sisters name was Antoneta?

malignity

imported post

He was unarmed...

But yet, the news said there was two of them and one victim.

I don't know about you, but when multiple people start coming at me, I sure as hell fear for my life, and would fear for my children's life as well.

THway

G

imported post

THway wrote:
Ok... After doing a simple OTIS search on the names of individuals of the 'victims' family.... these 2 persons stick out to me... as they seem to share a similar resemblance. Is it possible that the 2 persons that were in the 'victims' vehicle that fled on foot were related to the 'victim'? If so......

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=687562

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=539076
Birds of a feather flock together.

If the other 2 didn't have anything to hide, why did they flee and not return to help their wounded relative after the victim had escaped their wrath.

They probably have more to hide than some road rage incident gone south.

I'm sure that the Macomb Sheriff is on top of these two and more will be revealed.

Maybe the grieving relative can enlighten us as to who the fleeing felons are that missed the birthday party.

Jblack44

imported post

Just read that the shooter was released pending further investigation. I would venture that this person didn't just gun down someone in cold blood. Maybe he was actually defending himself and his children?????

malignity

imported post

New news.. and good news.

Guy's been released.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2010/02/08/news/doc4b705f01ecbe5536478768.txt

Having a problem posting a comment though on the news post... so many idiots saying 'why didn't he drive away?!'

Plain and simple; Cause there is no duty to retreat in Michigan. If three men jump me, you best believe I'm shooting at least one of them. I imagine he drove away after because he was using a 5 shot revolver (supposedly there were 5 shots fired, and 2 struck the target) and needed to reload, so he did his best to distance himself from his other attackers. IMO, the other two people that attacked the vehicle should be charged with assault.

(PS, this is also why I carry a Glock 23. If I can't get the job done with 27 rounds, it at least buys me more time until the police arrive with more firepower.)