• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intimidation?

dukbukhunt

imported post

Turnip truck,eh! FYI: Check out theFirst Amendment. So teach me ohWewd.If the law has beenextensivelyresearched then you shouldn't have any problem citing and posting the exact verbiage and reference of the specific CA lawthat clearly defines anddescribeshow one can legally transport a handgunto and froma vehicleand then within said vehicle for transport that isnotwithina locked container or trunk. A LEO or eventually a judge may like to review that documentation in your near future. So you may as well prepare it in advance just in case a LEO arrests you and confiscates your firearm. Then if and when you do get acourt date. You can smart off toa judge by carrying ina laptop with you and refer the judgeto this website and the many other websites that you have referred to. Good luck with that dude.

mjones

imported post

dukbukhunt wrote:
If the law has beenextensivelyresearched then you shouldn't have any problem citing and posting the exact verbiage and reference of the specific CA lawthat clearly defines anddescribeshow one can legally transport a handgunto and froma vehicleand then within said vehicle for transport that isnotwithina locked container or trunk.

Dude, take a pill. I would highly suggest that you look for the answers to your questions, then ask questions or for clarifications.

12025(f) Tells you EXACTLY how it is possible for you to carry an unloaded firearm in the manner you specify.

That is not the only way, but it is one way.

p.s. beware of PC 626.9 if that is the method you choose.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dukbukhunt: CA PC 12025(f) has a specific exception that says carrying a concealable firearm in a belt holster explicitly makes it not concealed. Nowhere in the penal code does it say that while carrying a concealable firearm in a holster that you cannot operate a motor vehicle. There isn't a place in the penal code that says you can't put your concealable firearm on the dashboard of the car for all to see.

Personally I find posts that just copy and paste penal code text to be less than useful. Many of us have read and re-read the sections that you are copying and pasting. When we see stuff that we've read before, we'll most likely just skip over it. If you have a specific section you want to talk about, quote the smallest part necessary and state your argument.

-----

AdnanShahab: My feeling here is that the Brady Bunch view us as specifically carrying our guns out in the open as something that we choose to do (as opposed to carrying concealed). I'm sure they know that most of us can't get concealed weapons permits, but most people don't know this.

A lot of people probably think we can get CCWs but are choosing to display our firearms openly for some other reason. A lot of people probably haven't even given any thought as to why the firearms are displayed openly, but instead have given knee-jerk reactions which are focused entirely on how our actions affect them. They don't sit there and think, "Gee, I wonder why those people would want to carry a firearm around" much like the majority of Americans don't think, "Gee, I wonder why Osama Bin Laden wants to attack us?" Instead we just point at the people that make us feel uncomfortable, declare them the enemy, and tear into them.

Look at how Ron Paul has been marginalized by the left and the right over his foreign policy. He has looked at why 9/11 happened and has determined that our horrible foreign policy record is the culprit. The rest of the country has determined that "terrorists" "hate our freedom" and other such nonsense.

I really don't think their reactions should be unexpected or are limited to just ultra-liberals. I'm sure I'm just as guilty of this behavior when it comes to some other issue. The strategy we should be pursuing is how to convince the masses that what we're doing is fighting for our freedoms and attempting to reduce crime overall. I strongly believe that the people that can figure out how to do this will win the battle of the hearts and minds of the public.

Rusty

imported post

There are few exceptions to transporting a concealed weapon (handgun) except in a locked container/car trunk.

A concealed firearm has to be hidden. So you are right, there are few exceptions to carrying a concealed firearm in a vehicle.

A concealable firearm is not the same thing as a concealed firearm. A concealable firearm is capable of being concealed, such as a handgun, but not a hunting rifle.

You cannot be convicted of carrying a concealed firearm if you are wearing a trench coat over a full length shotgun, because a shotgun is not a concealable weapon.

Just because a firearm is concealable does not make it concealed. The laws that you are quoting apply to concealed firearms (as in firearms that are hidden). When you open carry, although the firearm is concealable, it is not concealed.

Does that clear it up.

I don't think you are trying to troll here, but there are good resources for you to read on this subject, and a lot of discussion on the topic. I think some people are getting a little annoyed at you because you are questioning some pretty basic premises here.

It is not illegal (in the general case) to carry an unloaded handgun openly in California. There are, of course, several exceptions mostly having to do with where you are at, and who you are (ie school zone, court house, felon, gang member).

You can watch any number of you tube videos of actual California open carriers encounters with law enforcement to see this. Do you see them getting arrested? They get detained often, and harassed a bit at times. There is no law that you can be charged with breaking because it does not exist.

It is illegal to carry a loaded weapon. (there are exceptions)

It is illegal to carry a concealed weapon. (there are exceptions ... CCW comes to mind)

California laws in general, and specifically firearms laws are quite confusing, but you really need to understand that a law does not make something legal. Laws make things illegal.

I guess your question is like me asking you to cite me the penal code that states it is legal for me to walk to the liquor store at 2am to buy a candy bar.

There is no law against it, so it is legal.

There is no law against carrying openly an unloaded firearm in California. Again, there are exceptions to this and you should understand them (school zones, public buildings, airports, etc...)

chewy352

imported post

Thanks all for helping me explain this. We all know I'm not very articulate. that's why I don't speak to the press.

Also duk if you are still wondering if OC is legal try reading all of the LEA memos stating that it is legal.

dukbukhunt

imported post

For those with calm clear minds and even temperaments, "Carry On" .

For the fewsmart alecs & hotheads. Alan Gura, (located in Virginia) is agreat attorney. Ya'll may need his assistance, but I doubt you could afford him.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

1245A Defender

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
Must be a friend of HankT. Or a Brady spy.

it will be a PITA reading dukbukhunt, but the old trolls aint what they used to be!

this one seems to be thicker in the head than most,, hes not very sneaky either.
thanks for the PM, thanks for calling me a dickhead, thanks for telling me to mind my own business here in my own state of washington, thanks for being the new troll!

by the way PITA stands for pain in the a$$, not peta

dukbukhunt

imported post

1245A Defender,

Soyou want to make this public. You are on. I did discretely PM you and tell you to mind your own states affairs since youadvertise that you live in Washington and we are on a CALIFORNIA FORUM last time I looked and discussing CA firearms laws here, of which you have had no positive input... You areindeed aLIAR, as Inever calledyou a dickhead. From what you have written I think that you do seem to fit the hot headed type to do things without good judgement or a clear mind and your kind will give the antigunners more ammo on making more restrictive firearm laws. So I am glad you are in Washington, stay up there....I don't know what a troll is nor do I care.

dukbukhunt

imported post

I have found another good explanation to my question(s). Thanks to most of ya'll for the helpful info.

Here's CA Open Carry's Flyer which also explains things regarding PC 12025 & PC 12026, etc more clearly.

[url]http://www.californiaopencarry.org/CaliforniaOpenCarry.pdf[/url]

In part the flyer explains that parts of PC 12026 that I have been referring to and said parts of PC 12026 can be commonly misinterpreted. That these sections are restrictions, as I have been interpreting them as such. That being, restrictions, on how to carry a firearm that falls under the definition of concealable. Excerpts particular to my question are copied & pasted as follows:

12026.1 and 12026.2 are almost always misinterpreted, and in many ways.
The most common misinterpretation is that these sections are restrictions. They are not. They are exemptions to 12025. You cannot be charged with 12026.x, only 12025. When you transport your firearms concealed (openly is legal) you must use one of the 12026.x exemptions.

The second common mistake is confusing or combining 12026.1 and 12026.2. 12026.1 simply states that 12025 does not apply when transporting a handgun in a motor vehicle
s trunk, or in a locked container in or to/from a motor vehicle. There are no location or deviation restrictions in 12026.1. 12026.2 is another (separate) list of exemptions to 12025, all but one of which (motion picture) are transporting exemptions. Unlike 12026.1, 12026.2 is not specific to motor vehicles. It can therefore be applied to all other forms of transportation, e.g., walking,bicycling, public transportation. Unlike 12026.1, 12026.2 does limit the transport exemptions from any unnecessary deviations.

yelohamr

imported post

dukbukhunt wrote:
I have found another good explanation to my question(s). Thanks to most of ya'll for the helpful info.

Here's CA Open Carry's Flyer which also explains things regarding PC 12025 & PC 12026, etc more clearly.

I'm glad you found it.
All of us have read it and carry copies of it to hand out. Gundude keeps them in his sock drawer, with both pairs of socks. Plenty of room for flyers.

In the PM you sent me, you said you don't know who HankT is. That's a good thing. Stick around and you will see.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dukbukhunt wrote:
I did discretely PM you and tell you to mind your own states affairs since you advertise that you live in Washington and we are on a CALIFORNIA FORUM last time I looked and discussing CA firearms laws here, of which you have had no positive input...
Alright, none of this crap. Those of us whose locations list "California" get enough crap trying to post in other states subforums. The last thing you need to be doing is pulling that crap here.

Gundude

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
dukbukhunt wrote:

I'm glad you found it.
All of us have read it and carry copies of it to hand out. Gundude keeps them in his sock drawer, with both pairs of socks. Plenty of room for flyers.

In the PM you sent me, you said you don't know who HankT is. That's a good thing. Stick around and you will see.
Hey!