Thread: Siskiyou County Open Carry Club

Post imported post

Greetings fellow second amendment citizens,

My name is John Ramirez. I am a resident of the beautiful Siskiyou county California. I am very interested in joining or starting an Open Carry Club in Siskiyou county. It is a very rural county and I believe there are a lot of like minded people in our county. If in fact there is anyone out there who would be interested in the same idea please contact me at djramirez@cot.net.

Post imported post

I'm a little south of you in Tehama County. I don't think there is a need for Unloaded Open Carry up in the far north because of how easy it is to get a CCW. However, maybe having meets in Redding and Chico, both pretty liberal towns, could be a good idea.

Post imported post

I had a small meet in Anderson some time back, and crash5150 is correct. I was the only onecarrying exposed.Many of the northern counties are nearly shall issue, many gunnies do not see the value that open carry has.

After McDonald has been ruled on, I will probably conclude the stand down with a loaded open carry event in an appropriate venue. I will be sure to keep Nor Cal forum members apprised of the details- but this will likelybe mid-June or July.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    I had a small meet in Anderson some time back, and crash5150 is correct. I was the only onecarrying exposed.Many of the northern counties are nearly shall issue, many gunnies do not see the value that open carry has.

After McDonald has been ruled on, I will probably conclude the stand down with a loaded open carry event in an appropriate venue. I will be sure to keep Nor Cal forum members apprised of the details- but this will likelybe mid-June or July.
    If you wana meet sometime to do an open carry, let me know. I have someone that'll come to be a friendly witness and video.

What is this Mcdonald you are talking about being ruled on? Loaded Open Carry. Guess I'm not keeping up with the number of things happening.

Post imported post

crash5150 wrote:

If you wana meet sometime to do an open carry, let me know. I have someone that'll come to be a friendly witness and video.

What is this Mcdonald you are talking about being ruled on? Loaded Open Carry. Guess I'm not keeping up with the number of things happening.

I have some reading for you if you would like to catch up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chicago

Its a gun ban case that the Supreme Court will be hearing in March. It is connected with Nordyke, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordyke_v._King) which will be heard en banc in the 9th circuit, and is widely being touted as the case that will incorporate the 2nd, thus limiting state and local meddling with keep and bear...

I'll take you up on your offer, just not immediately.

New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Just let me know when. I'll read up on all that jazz right now