• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Siskiyou County Open Carry Club

Neo Con John

imported post

Greetings fellow second amendment citizens,

My name is John Ramirez. I am a resident of the beautiful Siskiyou county California. I am very interested in joining or starting an Open Carry Club in Siskiyou county. It is a very rural county and I believe there are a lot of like minded people in our county. If in fact there is anyone out there who would be interested in the same idea please contact me at djramirez@cot.net.

crash5150

imported post

I'm a little south of you in Tehama County. I don't think there is a need for Unloaded Open Carry up in the far north because of how easy it is to get a CCW. However, maybe having meets in Redding and Chico, both pretty liberal towns, could be a good idea.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I had a small meet in Anderson some time back, and crash5150 is correct. I was the only onecarrying exposed.Many of the northern counties are nearly shall issue, many gunnies do not see the value that open carry has.

After McDonald has been ruled on, I will probably conclude the stand down with a loaded open carry event in an appropriate venue. I will be sure to keep Nor Cal forum members apprised of the details- but this will likelybe mid-June or July.

crash5150

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
I had a small meet in Anderson some time back, and crash5150 is correct. I was the only onecarrying exposed.Many of the northern counties are nearly shall issue, many gunnies do not see the value that open carry has.

After McDonald has been ruled on, I will probably conclude the stand down with a loaded open carry event in an appropriate venue. I will be sure to keep Nor Cal forum members apprised of the details- but this will likelybe mid-June or July.
If you wana meet sometime to do an open carry, let me know. I have someone that'll come to be a friendly witness and video.

What is this Mcdonald you are talking about being ruled on? Loaded Open Carry. Guess I'm not keeping up with the number of things happening.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

crash5150 wrote:
If you wana meet sometime to do an open carry, let me know. I have someone that'll come to be a friendly witness and video.

What is this Mcdonald you are talking about being ruled on? Loaded Open Carry. Guess I'm not keeping up with the number of things happening.

I have some reading for you if you would like to catch up...:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chicago

Its a gun ban case that the Supreme Court will be hearing in March. It is connected with Nordyke, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordyke_v._King) which will be heard en banc in the 9th circuit, and is widely being touted as the case that will incorporate the 2nd, thus limiting state and local meddling with keep and bear...

I'll take you up on your offer, just not immediately.